NORTHERN 45's FOR SALE & A NEW IDEA TO CHECK OUT

Pete S

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING IF YOU GET CHANCE!

I don't know if this will work but it just might! I was thinking, as I have got a lot of records paid for and on the way to me, why not make a list of them and if anyone is interested in anything, they can put their name down and when the item arrives I can just process the order and send it to them without having to send out more lists. If more than one person is interested in an item, it'll be reserved for the first person to ask, if they drop out it will go to the second, and so on. Fancy giving it a go? I'll note down the condition which I've been informed the record is in, and the estimated price, you reserve the record and when it comes, I send it to you. If the condition is not up to what it is expected to be, I will contact you and inform you of this.

Okay well the first list is below. The first few records (marked with an asterisk *) are in stock available NOW to buy. The rest are expected over the next three weeks.

Any questions about this, please don't hesitate to ask.

N.B. NO MONEY WOULD BE TAKEN UNTIL THE ITEM IS IN STOCK!!!

These are now available

JOHNNY ROSS & SOUL EXPLOSIONS - I CAN'T HELP MYSELF - CHIRRUP (first original I've ever seen) EX 100

JO ANN KING - LET THEM LOVE AND BE LOVED - FAIRMOUNT DJ EX- 50

Fantastic B side on this one as well "Don't Play With Fire"

WILLIE & THE HANDJIVES - GOTTA FIND A NEW LOVE - VEEP EX 60

Very rare on a yellow stock copy

MARJORIE BLACK - ONE MORE HURT - SUE EX 100

Belter - great vinyl copy

ESTHER PHILLIPS - JUST SAY GOODBYE - ATLANTIC DEMO VG++ 50

Can't make my mind up about this, sounds slightly distorted on the very high notes but it might be me...any problems, full refund no questions asked

POINTER SISTERS - SEND HIM BACK - ATLANTIC DEMO MINT 125

Stunning..unplayed..absolutely beautiful and this time it's vinyl not that nasty styrene

BUTCH BAKER - BATMAN AT THE GOGO - ST LAWRENCE

Super rare stock copy EX- 250 SOLD

THE RIVIERAS - YOU COUNTERFEIT GIRL - RILEYS EX 160

Superb Detroit dancer

HONEY TOWNSEND - THE WORLD AGAIN - MALA DEMO EX 30

Brilliant instrumental

These are on the way and can be reserved if definite orders. Prices are subject to change e.g. if an item is estimated at VG and turns out to be Mint, the price will go up - and vice-versa. Interested parties will be informed.

JIMMY HELMS - YOU'RE MINE YOU - SYMBOL DEMO estimated VG 30

BABY WASHINGTON - LEAVE ME ALONE - SUE DJ

SHIRLEY MATTHEWS - STOP THE CLOCK - AMY DJ 75

FREDDIE PARRIS - THERE SHE GOES - RCA DJ 25

MORRIS VAUGHAN - MY LOVE KEEPS GROWING - FONTANA DJ 25

PATTI PAGE - YOU DON'T NEED A HEART - COLUMBIA DJ 45

LEE DAVID - TEMPTATION IS CALLING MY NAME - COLUMBIA ISSUE estimated VG++ 150

GERALDINE HUNT - TWO CAN LIVE CHEAPER THAN ONE - BOMBAY estimated EX- 150

SOULVILLE ALLSTARS - I'M GONNA GET TO YOU - SOULVILLE estimated EX 125

UNIQUES - NOT TOO LONG AGO - UK PYE INT estimated EX 60

BOBBY TAYLOR - OH I'VE BEEN BLESSED - LEBANON MOTOWN TEST PRESS estimated EX 50

With Blackmail on flip

EMANUEL LASKEY - I'M A PEACE LOVING MAN - THELMA WHITE DEMO estimated EX- 175

Super rare white demo

MARGO & THE MARVETTES - WHEN LOVE SLIPS AWAY - PYE estimated M- 30

TONY MIDDLETON - MY LITTLE RED BOOK - UK LONDON estimate EX 30

JIMMY SOUL CLARK - SWEET DARLIN - SOULHAWK WHITE DEMO estimated EX 75

TYMES - HERE SHE COMES - PARKWAY DEMO estimated EX 35

MARGIE JOSEPH - ONE MORE CHANCE - VOLT estimated EX 80

FRANK HOWARD - JUDY - EXCELLO estimated VG++ 75

LEE ROGERS - CRACKED UP OVER YOU - WHEELSVILLE (proper spelling of Cracked) estimated VG 60

MELVIN ELLING - LONELY EYES - STRETCH DJ estimated EX 175

HAZEL MARTIN - OUT OF MY LIFE - MARCO estimated EX 50

BOBBY PARIS - NIGHT OWL - CAMEO DEMO estimated EX 100

ROSE BATTISTE - I CAN'T LEAVE YOU - THELMA WHITE DEMO estimated Mint 250

BARBARA MASON - BOBBY IS MY BABY - ARCTIC estimated EX 30

PETE SMITH

28 JENKS ROAD

WOMBOURNE

WOLVERHAMPTON

WV5 0BL

01902 893569

Pete.smith@freeuk.com

petesmithrecords@hotmail.com (if you are a hotmail user)

POSTAGE IS EXTRA

ALL CREDIT CARDS WELCOME

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 16
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Got six people asked to be informed about that Lebanon thing. I suppose this is the sort of thing that won't show up again. So what, £40 maybe a bit of a bargain?

Maybe, how do you put a value on it? But it's a real novelty...did they have pressing plants in Lebanon? 'Cos that looks like it was pressed in France(?) and then shipped out, going by the BIEM mark and several test pressings I've got from later years with Echantillon printed on the label.

Jerry.

Edited by Jerry Hipkiss
Social source share

Maybe, how do you put a value on it? But it's a real novelty...did they have pressing plants in Lebanon? 'Cos that looks like it was pressed in France(?) and then shipped out, going by the BIEM mark and several test pressings I've got from later years with Echantillon printed on the label.

Jerry.

Dunno mate. I had a copy of I Surrender (Eddie Holman) on Lebanese ABC and that had a Lebanese address on it.

Social source share

Jerry.

I think Tony Rounce is the best man to ask about Lebanese pressing plants. He gave a good response to a similar post some months ago on this subject.

Social source share

I think Tony Rounce is the best man to ask about Lebanese pressing plants. He gave a good response to a similar post some months ago on this subject.

No, he just makes things up Gene, he's actually a tree surgeon in Epping Forest but he pretends to be something to do with a record label, it's just a front for his sap-gathering activities...

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Jerry.

i've bought stuff from a guy in lebanon who's uncle owned the pressing plant in the 60's , loads of 60's soul and mod stuff like timebox etc , so yeah there was at least one pressing plant in lebanon

Social source share

i've bought stuff from a guy in lebanon who's uncle owned the pressing plant in the 60's , loads of 60's soul and mod stuff like timebox etc , so yeah there was at least one pressing plant in lebanon

Must be the same bloke Dave...I got that Len Barry EP off him as well with Will You Love Me Tomorrow

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

No, he just makes things up Gene, he's actually a tree surgeon in Epping Forest but he pretends to be something to do with a record label, it's just a front for his sap-gathering activities...

...I was going to ask you to stick Frank Howard aside for me, but I think I'll go hug a redwood instead....

TONE

PS: Seriously you CAN stick me down for Frank if nobody's beaten me to it. I'd also like Al Green's version on Jamaican Lonodn if you ever turn one up...

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Dunno mate. I had a copy of I Surrender (Eddie Holman) on Lebanese ABC and that had a Lebanese address on it.

Bet you've never had this Lebanese-pressed 45, mate - the puke effect surrounding the label is actually the colour of the vinyl!

Am I down for this Frank Howard or what?

TONE

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

Bet you've never had this Lebanese-pressed 45, mate - the puke effect surrounding the label is actually the colour of the vinyl!

Am I down for this Frank Howard or what?

TONE

I used to have ten little indians on a childrens 6" record when I was a kiddy and it looked just like that!

You're second for the frank howard Tone - soz!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!