Record in Retention at Post Office??

Hi all,

Ordered a record from Japan approx a month ago, buyer 100% feedback, but it's still not arrived. Tracking was given and 10 days ago it showed as having arrived in the UK and is now showing as being in Retention at "delivery" post office. Visited my local sorting office who can find no trace of it. Anyone had a similar experience? I'm guessing its an "import tax" issue but no idea as to where it actually is.

Thanks

Social source share

4 minutes ago, gardens said:

The last time this happened to me it the record was being held in Yorkshire somewhere until the tax was paid, I duly paid the import duty on line and the record arrived at my local post office.

Thanks,

who let you know it was waiting as I’ve heard nothing from anyone   Just spoken to postman and he doesn’t know either!!!

Social source share

I got a notification cant remember if it was via an E mail or through the post but the holding centre would not release the record until the import duty was paid.

It might pay you to trawl the net and find out where the holding centres are Im sure mine was in Yorkshire somewhere.

Social source share

On 17/10/2018 at 13:24, gardens said:

I got a notification cant remember if it was via an E mail or through the post but the holding centre would not release the record until the import duty was paid.

It might pay you to trawl the net and find out where the holding centres are Im sure mine was in Yorkshire somewhere.

From looking at the tracking and reading various forums it looks like its sat at Coventry where it will be held until the tax office (??) notify me. Wouldnt mind but looks like they've had it for well over a week. Did phone them but they said they're not allowed to comment as its a customs issue!!!!

Edited by Fishdockroad
Incorrect word entered.
Social source share

4 minutes ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Sounds like it could be in customs control for inspection. Once processed, you'll then get a demand for payment of duty - if it's deemed to be due. Otherwise it might just be a random check for illicit/illegal contents.

Not had it happen for a good while, when it has it usually took about a month to clear.

Thanks, and yes that seems to be the consensus. Bloody annoying though!!!!

Social source share

On 17/10/2018 at 11:31, Fishdockroad said:

Hi all,

Ordered a record from Japan approx a month ago, buyer 100% feedback, but it's still not arrived. Tracking was given and 10 days ago it showed as having arrived in the UK and is now showing as being in Retention at "delivery" post office. Visited my local sorting office who can find no trace of it. Anyone had a similar experience? I'm guessing its an "import tax" issue but no idea as to where it actually is.

Thanks

I had same problem with an "outfit" my wife purchased from Australia and we put in a PayPal claim and they found it !!! (when we got it it didn't fit)

• Thanks 1
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Good news at last!!! Rang Coventry Parcelforce who put me in touch with Rotherham Parcelforce who confirmed that they had my package. It seems that it literally was an oversight as they said there was no import tax to pay, seller had cleverly put $20 value on package, so would send out asap. The package arrived first thing this morning and the fact that the record was nearer mint than the VG+ the seller described it as went a small way towards quelling my frustration at their balls up!!

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Sent a valuable 45 to a buyer in Germany recently and using the royal mail tracker it was showing in Lochowo which is in central Poland, then it went further into Poland to another depot at Strickow and twice more between these 2 places. ( good job I packaged it up robustly ) 

Royal mail said they couldn't help until it is over a month but I sent an email to German delivery partner .

They replied and record got to destination 2 days later only for it to be undelivered and held !! 

Buyer finally got the record 3 weeks later and all ok thank god 

Royal mail were frigging useless. 

Neal

Edited by Span
Predictive text !!
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!