Mr. Floods Party on JM's auction

Guest Gogs

I wasn't going to put this up as i'm no longer surprised at the prices that records on his auction achieve, but

In 2015 he sold a copy on his auction for £160, On Wednesday the copy he was auctioning went for £311 nearly 100% higher than just 3 years ago. As banks are giving interest rates of maybe 1%, is it still worth investing in vinyl?

Social source share

5 hours ago, tobytyke said:

I paid a lot more for my copy of Kim Weston I'm still loving you 10 years ago than it fetched this week.

So it can work both ways....or perhaps I buy the wrong records. I need an independent record financial advisor to tell me what or what not to buy!

99% rely on computers so the answer will be anything from the Top 500!!!!

Social source share

10 hours ago, gogs said:

I wasn't going to put this up as i'm no longer surprised at the prices that records on his auction achieve, but

In 2015 he sold a copy on his auction for £160, On Wednesday the copy he was auctioning went for £311 nearly 100% higher than just 3 years ago. As banks are giving interest rates of maybe 1%, is it still worth investing in vinyl?

£160 Is still to much. Never a auction record in a million years.  Bet John is so happy with internet auctions and good luck to him.

But come on people keep it real.

Steve 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

4 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

£160 Is still to much. Never a auction record in a million years.  Bet John is so happy with internet auctions and good luck to him.

But come on people keep it real.

Steve 

I agree, i've always thought of it as a £40 record.

Social source share

3 hours ago, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

This is a tough record to acquire. eBay auctions have pushed the value up and up. I had to pay a silly price for mine but glad I did as the price will contine to rise.

I didn't think it was that tough. But i hope that you are right as my own copy's not going anywhere.

Social source share

1 hour ago, Steve S 60 said:

Would you say that possession was the motivation?

Nah, the question was mo-ti-vation... hangin’ up the whole darn nation...

Great tune. Great lyrics. Always liked it. Always will. For years I felt totally inadequate without the import, just the British Bulldog release. Now I can play it in the house without fearing a knock on the door from the Soul Police...

• Up vote 2
Social source share

I'm sorry but imho Mr Flood's Party is a f****** terrible record. Canadian rock band, weren't they?

Edited by BabyBoyAndMyLass
Edited the language, while language isn't completely banned, it is prefrred if it's **** out, people get the picture without spelling it out.
Social source share

On 19/10/2018 at 01:21, gogs said:

'Unreal values...mass destruction'

Social source share

1 hour ago, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

Absolutely love this tune, written by Eugene MacDaniels (recorded a few well known Soul tracks under the name Gene MacDaniels), very good lyrical commentary, however there will only ever be one version for me Les McCann.

Mr Floods is an OK version though.

Seeing as it's been mentioned already: @Winsford Soul

Has he forgotten the words or is just an overlong intro? Overtones of Julian Covey make it tolerable but can’t quite see anyone dancing to it...

Social source share

51 minutes ago, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

Using language isn't technically banned but I do try to encourage at least using ****, I'm trying to establish a more family friendly and female friendly environment if possible. Cheers. 

Incidentally, "Compared To What" didn't get radio plays because the word "abortion" was mentioned in the lyrics.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

9 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

Incidentally, "Compared To What" didn't get radio plays because the word "abortion" was mentioned in the lyrics.

Nice snippet Steve thanks.

All sorts mentioned in those lyrics, will let folks have the pleasure of googling themselves, it's a rant about the modern world, very good lyrically imo. 

Social source share

4 minutes ago, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

Nice snippet Steve thanks.

All sorts mentioned in those lyrics, will let folks have the pleasure of googling themselves, it's a rant about the modern world, very good lyrically imo. 

A 50yr old rant still apt today.  As Marvin said "What's Going On"

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!