Soul in the City Christmas Bash @ The Ditch Bar

Guest Mac

Don't forget the Soul in the City Christmas Bash at the Ditch Bar, Shoreditch High Street on Wednesday 13th December 2006.

A later start than normal 7pm until very late thumbsup.gif

DJ's - Dave Greenhill, Paul McKay, Martin Thomson & Mac

Playing the very best in Northern Soul :D A great Christmas warm up :rolleyes:

Who's coming along?

Mac

• Replies 27
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

Hopefully I will be working back in London for a few months some time early/mid 2007. The best bit is I can get along to another couple of SITCs!! How great is that.

Have a great time tonight guys.

I can't make this due to a works thing :angry: ...........have a great time...seasons best wishes to you all.

M

:D How many works dos do you have ffs ? Thanks for all good wishes, be good to see you back down here Mikey :thumbsup:

Geoff, sorry mate I toyed with the idea of sticking a few 70s in my box but at 1am last night I decided it wasn't a good idea shades.gif

Hopefully I will be working back in London for a few months some time early/mid 2007. The best bit is I can get along to another couple of SITCs!! How great is that.

Have a great time tonight guys.

That is good news Mikey....have you got that record player yet?

What do you mean Geoff.....Dave is often referred to as "70's Dave" :thumbsup:

Pity you can't make it Martin I've got a stack more new stuff and no 7O's, I'll leave that to Dave :huh:

See you all later thumbup.gif

For some peculiar reason, I don't associate you with 70s sounds Dave, but don't forget You Satisfy My Needs by Big Dee Irwin please.

Mr Irwin is in my box mate.

possibly the reason you don't associate me with 70s Geoff is because I leave them where they belong.............indoors laugh.gif in my humble opinion of course :thumbsup:

Guest in town Mikey

That is good news Mikey....have you got that record player yet?

Yes mate. Thanks to the incredibly wonderful Kirsty I now have a record player.

Hope everyone enjoyed themselves last night.

:shades:

Yes mate. Thanks to the incredibly wonderful Kirsty I now have a record player.

Hope everyone enjoyed themselves last night.

:shades:

yes mate, the dozen or so of us who turned up (a dozen including those of us playing the records) enjoyed it I think, but it's a bit of a waste of time putting on a mid-week night in London now as people just aren't interested. Thanks to those who came though - it was a bit like the mythical 'back to the underground with a few people playing records in the back room in a pub' type event really

so I guess so I shouldn't complain, except it was in a smart shoreditch bar. I guess we'll keep plugging on until they kick us out (and to be fair, they haven't shown any signs of doing that)... have a swine of a hangover this morning and all - I blame that Tyler :angry:

Shame there wasn't a bigger turnout, but I enjoyed it. Great music played, even if I didn't hear Big Dee. Not to worry, there is always next year.

As always I ask if playlists can be posted?

Only downside was an appalling journey home, trains replaced by buses, but no information or staff to help at Liverpool Street, reduced to wondering up and down the station to find out what was happening.

Certainly the way to get people out of their cars, lol. Excuse the rant.

Shame there wasn't a bigger turnout, but I enjoyed it. Great music played, even if I didn't hear Big Dee. Not to worry, there is always next year.

Only downside was an appalling journey home, trains replaced by buses, but no information or staff to help at Liverpool Street, reduced to wondering up and down the station to find out what was happening.

You didn't hear Mr Irwin Geoff ? Where were you when I played it then? :shades:

Yes bit of a hangover myself Martin & overslept & arrived in work at 11am !

I too blame Mr Tyler for shoving those beers down yer neck in such an aggresive manner :lol::yes::P:D:D:Dbeer.gif

Down in Kent we used to call him "Disco Dave" :lol::yes:

BTW Dave, since I'm jossing (and gloating), is there life are Dowie? :P

There is certainly life after Dowie Steve, unfortunately it will be in the fizzy pop league next year :D How's Mr Taylor doing ? :shades: Will you be playing us next year or the Bermondsey boys ?

DD :dance:

Guest Stuart T

You didn't hear Mr Irwin Geoff ? Where were you when I played it then? :rolleyes:

Yes bit of a hangover myself Martin & overslept & arrived in work at 11am !

I too blame Mr Tyler for shoving those beers down yer neck in such an aggresive manner beer.gif:thumbsup::Dbeer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gif

You can't blame me, I was in work on time. Feel awful though. :(

Just to echo the thoughts of the team....thanks for coming down and thanks to Martin for volunteering to do last spot :rolleyes:

We'll be there next month spoke to Patrick already and that's sorted thumbsup.gif

That lager does for me...but like Stuart at work (7.15am) on time with a cracking headache cool.gif Could be something to do with the number of pints beer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gif

Was really surprised when Martin walked in....there dedication :D

See you all next month :thumbsup:

been wracking my addled brain Geoff and can remember the following from myself.....

Gracie Darnell- the bad guys (Ruth)

Gary Dean - You can say (Young)

Curtis Liggins - What it is (Kayceesoul)

Hipster Image - Can't let her go (UK Decca)

Johnny Zamot - You dig (decca)

Shirelles- Too much of a good thing (Scepter)

Marvels- Forget about that mess (Sensation)

karmello brooks - tell me baby (milestone)

bob and fred- I'm on my way (Big Mack)Bobby Bennet- Alone with my tears (V-Tone)

William Cummings- Make my love a hurting thing (Bang Bang)

Patrice Holloway - Love and desire (Capitol)

Liz Verdi- Think it over and be sure (Columbia)

The Belles - Words can't explain (Mirwood)

been wracking my addled brain Geoff and can remember the following from myself.....

Gracie Darnell- the bad guys (Ruth)

Gary Dean - You can say (Young)

Curtis Liggins - What it is (Kayceesoul)

Hipster Image - Can't let her go (UK Decca)

Johnny Zamot - You dig (decca)

Shirelles- Too much of a good thing (Scepter)

Marvels- Forget about that mess (Sensation)

karmello brooks - tell me baby (milestone)

bob and fred- I'm on my way (Big Mack)Bobby Bennet- Alone with my tears (V-Tone)

William Cummings- Make my love a hurting thing (Bang Bang)

Patrice Holloway - Love and desire (Capitol)

Liz Verdi- Think it over and be sure (Columbia)

The Belles - Words can't explain (Mirwood)

Love & desire ? You sure it wasn't Ecstasy ?

Will try & get something up tomorrow Geoff , but definately played Big Dee Irwin :rolleyes:

Will try & get something up tomorrow Geoff , but definately played Big Dee Irwin :rolleyes:

To be honest Dave I don't remember hearing it and I did listen out for it. However knowing me, just missed it I guess. Do put up your playlist please as I enjoyed your set, but as usual didn't recognise many of them.

Thanks for putting up your one Martin, didn't know you had the Liz Verdi track, that's one I've liked for ages.

Also like to say it was nice to meet Soul Sourcer Marissa.

Here's some that I played:

Scott Bros - We like girls - Zachron

Porgy & Monarchs - Hey girl you're a dream I've always had - Musicor

Bobby Reed - You are - Brunswick

Georgia Prophets - Don't you think it's time - Capricorn

Hesitations - Is this the way to treat a girl - GWP

Porgy & Monarchs - That's my girl - Verve

Ultimates - Girl I've been trying to tell you - Br Roma

Johnnie Mae Matthews - I have no choice - Big Hit

Bobby Kline - Say something nice to me - MB

Kenny Gamble - The joke's on you - Arctic

Youth Opportunity - Of hopes and dreams & tombstones - Columbia

Porgy & Monarchs - That girl - Musicor

Marvin Gaye - Come get to this - Tamla

George Smith - I've had it - Turntable

Hmm - a bit of a Porgy & Monarchs fest there!