Sam Dees, Charisma Band, Gem Prewitt, 100 Years Time +++

George M

Grading: M- / VG++ / VG+ / VG / VG- / G  (VG++ is the same as EX in UK Record Collector terms). Postal prices are £3 UK recorded / £7.50 UK special delivery / £5 airmail to Europe / £6 rest of the world / £11 tracked & signed service outside the UK.

Please email to reserve: ruralconcourse at yahoo dot com

Thanks,
George

45s ~ alphabetical by label

African Heritage “Saturday Afternoon / Mila Zetu” (African Heritage) VG+ / VG+ £35
Not sure if this group/record is from Kenya or the US (perhaps both). Uptempo funky disco style dancer, with a really nice soulful roots-crossover track on the flip. (Picture sleeve has a name and phone number written on it, and a few fine pen marks on rear)

Geno & the Pharoahs “Exit To The Beltway / Miss Heartbreaker” (Allen) VG+ £300 on hold
Raw uptempo breakbeat funk, with stunning ballad. This is the first record by the “Brand New Man With The Master Plan” guy and is not an easy find, especially in nice shape.

Joe Anderson “You And I / Long Version” (Buddah) demo VG+/VG- £20
Nice ’70s soul. (A side plays great as you can hear, long version plays with lots of surface noise)

The Charisma Band “Ain’t Nothing Like Your Love / Charisma Road” (Buddah) VG++ £300

Modern/crossover classic - still sounds majestic. The funk side is pretty decent. Sharp copy. (Close to M- / in company sleeve / very slightly bubbly label)

The Soul Controllers “I Ain’t Lyin’ / Right On, Brother-Right On” (Cat) VG++ £150

Two solid funk sides out of Alabama - the first swings tight, and the second might work well for the current UK funk/northern scene. Beautiful label design (this is not the Miami imprint).

The Summits “Sleepwalking / I’ll Never Say No” (DC International) VG/VG+ £40
Funky soul with a great crossover track – two solid sides. (Dish not affecting play)

The Master Plan “Clinton Park” (De-Lite) mono / stereo - strong VG to VG+ £35

Excellent crossover harmony. This white demo comes with a FREE promo copy of the group’s funk track “Frying Pan”, which is on the flip of the issue to “Clinton Park”. (Light marks, plays well)

Percy Larkins “I Need To See You Again / Second Chance At Love” (Encore) VG++ £30

Two obscure modern sides from Florida.

Jeff Perry “Call On Me / Inst.” (Epic) VG+ £40

Classic & classy modern. (Disc looks VG++ and plays great, but looks to have a fracture – in other words it isn’t cracked, but may do in the future if treated without care)

Sonny & Diane “Love Trap” (Epic) VG/VG+ £40

Another tricky-to-find ‘70s spin, this one probably a bit lesser-known.

Hazel Ramberransingh “I Wanna Give You Everything / Inst.” (HIR) VG++/VG+ £75
Islands disco. (Dish not affecting play & slight ringwear / comes in Wirl company sleeve with a few creases)

Westpoint “Come & Get The Love / High Steppin’” (Hitmaker) VG++ £150
Fine ‘80s stepper, with slapping flip. (Close to M-)

Pete Parker “I Can’t Stop Loving My Baby” (Kapp) white demo VG++ £50

Solid funk. (Close to M- in company sleeve)

Gem Prewitt “My Love Box / Among The Stars” (Key) VG offers

Amazing club tune, with odd B side. There was a scramble for copies several years back when the word went around and some frenzied trading occurred - all seem to be in deep collections now. (Some tics. Slight dish not affecting play favouring the “Love Box” side & labels reversed, like all copies I think. Just drop me an email if you’re interested.)

Coke Escovado “Make It Sweet / Rebirth” (Mercury) VG+ £25

Infectious ‘70s soul. (“Rebirth” has a small scratch towards the end causing a few light tics)

100 Years Time “Woman Of Soul / Put Your Hand In Your Mind” (Merrecca Music) strong VG to VG+ £300

Upfront funky soul dancer with psych funk flip. I don’t think “Woman Of Soul” has ever done the rounds of the soul clubs, but surely it’s a ripe candidate for rotation. Has only surfaced a handful of times over the years. (Yellow label variation. Flip is VG)

The Day-Tons “Broad Jumping / Part 2” (Moneytown) VG £150

Seldom seen, little-known, much heavier first recording of this raucous DC funk jam. Part 2 is the better side in my opinion.

Philharmonics “I Need, I Need Your Love” (Soulin) VG++ £150
Feel-good NOLA crossover classic; still sounds the business. (Slightly hazy playing surface, like all the copies I’ve seen)

The Hamilton Movement “Love Man / We’re Gonna Party” (Soundwaves) white demo strong VG to VG+ £50
Scorching ballad with uptempo flip. (X on label / a touch of faint label staining, still looks fine)

Sam Dees “Lonely For You Baby / I Need You Girl” (SSS International) VG+ £500
sold
Northern classic. (Light marks, plays great)

Michael Dean “Lovehygh / Remix” (Sterling Wave Sound) VG++ £50

(Dish not affecting play, in favour of vocal version / flip has a little very faint intro noise – check clip)

Cobie Joe Payne “Sweet Thing” (Sweet Thang) VG++ £250

Uptempo funk roller with lovely afro jazz-style horns. Strong Milwaukee release – is the funky soul scene ready to bring this madness out of obscurity yet?

Edited by George M
Social source share

• 1 month later...
soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 1
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now