LIFELINE WEEKENDER FEB 9TH -11TH

Guest ruppy

• Replies 114
  • Views 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

This deserves another bump! shout.gif Me, Hanna and Ady are also going, really looking forward to it. Had a fantastic time last year, never heard so much great music in three days. Sunday afternoon session was superb, with Soul Sam playing b sides and Mick H a whole bunch of brilliant cover ups, wish more people would've have stayed for the Sunday too, you really missed out! (But I know most were tired from dancing the night before.)

Only nine days to go... :yes:

OHHHHHHHHHH ........ I am so looking forward to this :yes: ..... sadly missed 1st one so lots of making up to do ...... even bought some nivea Karen :yes: as we all no wkenders have such a negative effect on one`s skin .... well some of us any way ..... :yes:

xx

:yes: Come up to my room n I'll show you my secret.... :lol: Can't wait for this - counting down the day's. Last year was the most incredible experience - from Friday lunch to Sunday at 5. One of my happiest time ever, which will take some beating, but if anything it could be the 2nd weekender......

The country's best dj's - music to blow your mind - venue perfect - people n atmosphere spot on.

Getting me bag's packed already :yes:

Hope to see you all there.. wink.gif

Karen

Hi - got a room to 'sell' for the weekender.....

it is 'all inclusive' for 2 people i.e. double room at the venue hotel, the weekender tickets and food!!

The paid price was £220.00, but will take £150.00!!

payment by paypal only.

Please PM me,

thanks.

///

Sold, cheers

Edited by Dave Abbott
Guest Marcelle

DAVE , IF YOU ;LET US KNOW WHEN YOU'RE ARRIVING ONE OF US WILL NIP OUT AND PICK YOU UP ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL... HAPPY TO HELP ( BIT LIKE TESCO ! )

Oh goody ..... does that mean we get room deliveries aswell :thumbsup: so excited I could burst ... xx

Guest Marcelle

:thumbsup: Come up to my room n I'll show you my secret.... :shades: Can't wait for this - counting down the day's. Last year was the most incredible experience - from Friday lunch to Sunday at 5. One of my happiest time ever, which will take some beating, but if anything it could be the 2nd weekender......

The country's best dj's - music to blow your mind - venue perfect - people n atmosphere spot on.

Getting me bag's packed already :D

Hope to see you all there.. wink.gif

Karen

Ok honey ... your on ... not only a weekend of bliss but beauty secrets thrown in aswell .... what more could a woman ask for ? xx

yes these rumours have been heard in recent weeks . telling a few the nice guys & girls from leicester that the weekender is cancelled.

for one that sees the front page of soulsource and in the dailly record most days .knows the promotional side for the lifeline weekender

is full steam a head.

funny is.nt it allways the ones that don,t go to these weekenders allways set out and try to destroy all the hard work the promoters put in to the event 12 months in advance.

but thats the sad side of this scene as we all know.

Mick H

Guest Marcelle

HEARD VARIOUS RUMOURS THAT LIFELINE WEEKENDER HAS BEEN CANCELLED WELL OBVIOUSLY NOT !! MIND YOU FROM SAME SOURCE CAME NEWS THAT NORTHERN SOUL HERO KENNY THOMAS IS PLAYING LIVE AT THE PIG AND WHISTLE IN DONNY TOWN CENTRE SAME SATURDAY EVENING..... ALL THE FUN OF THE FAIR.

I dont think so ...... as I have a date with the charity shops this week (soz Karen I have just gotta beat your bargains) oh & i`ve got a sparkly eyeshadow (for the boys) & im packing my case today ....

SO BE IT AT YOUR PERIL ..... :unsure: Trying to spoil my weekend with nasty rumours (soz guys I know you have done the work but it is actually my weekend of fun & frolics)

& if you think a woman scorned is something to be seen .... well let me tell you "women being kept from a weekend of FUN FROLICS & BEAUTY SECRETS" is something to FEAR :thumbsup:

oh cant wait .... oh happy days xx

hi Headsy

hope your still going to the weekender?

im counting the days till the very best rare soul weekender in the world :huh:

see you soon mate

cheers

Paul

oh yes,managed to get my on-site room back after I let it go.........so full steam ahead, have been in training the last couple of weeks :ohmy: ,plus 24 hour drinking this year I believe so we can start as soon as we want in the morning :huh: , fancy a competition ?

oh yes,managed to get my on-site room back after I let it go.........so full steam ahead, have been in training the last couple of weeks :huh: ,plus 24 hour drinking this year I believe so we can start as soon as we want in the morning :huh: , fancy a competition ?

Go on then, I like a challenge :ohmy:

see you friday at the bar!

funny is.nt it allways the ones that don,t go to these weekenders allways set out and try to destroy all the hard work the promoters put in to the event 12 months in advance.

This sort of think makes me so very mad and I'd go mental at such a sick individual. Having come from a country where (never enough of them) soul nights were the biggest thing in my diary since I was a teen, then coming to a place where it flows like a river - only to find people trying to ruin things for others - leaves me sickened.

I will never ever understand how a music scene which plays records predominantly about LOVE, could possibly have such elements of rot. How can these people actually love soul music if they have no feelings or even simple decency? :ohmy:

Everybody that I know who went to the Lifeline Weekender last year raved about it, both about the music, the venue AND the wonderful friendly and relaxing atmosphere. It was obviously full of people who enjoyed themselves and I don't think I've danced so much in a long time. I'm really, really looking forward to it. Bring it on! :huh:

m

ps. Can somebody please answer my last post about Friday? Getting difficult to sneak off early now, but might still be able to shuffle things

This sort of think makes me so very mad and I'd go mental at such a sick individual. Having come from a country where (never enough of them) soul nights were the biggest thing in my diary since I was a teen, then coming to a place where it flows like a river - only to find people trying to ruin things for others - leaves me sickened.

I will never ever understand how a music scene which plays records predominantly about LOVE, could possibly have such elements of rot. How can these people actually love soul music if they have no feelings or even simple decency? :huh:

Everybody that I know who went to the Lifeline Weekender last year raved about it, both about the music, the venue AND the wonderful friendly and relaxing atmosphere. It was obviously full of people who enjoyed themselves and I don't think I've danced so much in a long time. I'm really, really looking forward to it. Bring it on! :ohmy:

m

ps. Can somebody please answer my last post about Friday? Getting difficult to sneak off early now, but might still be able to shuffle things

Hi Maria, it makes our blood boil to be honest with all the hard work thats gone into this weekend to see some arsehole trying to spoil it for all those so looking forward to it :huh:

Anyway Friday afternoon the music will kick off at mid-day with the music being supplied by collectors who wqish to spin a few. No named collectors till 4pm then there is a time table. So if anyone turns up early and wisahes to spin a few records they are mnore than welcome. But failing that there's more than enough of us there to fill in any gaps.

I'll post some details of DJ times later today or early in the week.

Don't forget that for those who can't make the whole weekend there are all-nighter session pases for the Friday and/or Saturday. You can pay on the door but please try and let us know if you are coming along.

DAVE , IF YOU ;LET US KNOW WHEN YOU'RE ARRIVING ONE OF US WILL NIP OUT AND PICK YOU UP ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL... HAPPY TO HELP ( BIT LIKE TESCO ! )

Cheers Andy you're a gent :thumbsup: I know you'll be working overtime so no problem if you're too busy as we can always get a cab if need be.

Can you let me have your mobile no.

cheers mate see you friday

Dave

Mick H

THIS PI$$ES ME RIGHT OFF! Lifeline to me is one if not the main reasons I'm (loosley) on this scene. Its one of the handful of nighters that is driving the scene forward and some F32king Tw$ts want to destroy it.

Knobheads

THIS PI$$ES ME RIGHT OFF! Lifeline to me is one if not the main reasons I'm (loosley) on this scene. Its one of the handful of nighters that is driving the scene forward and some F32king Tw$ts want to destroy it.

Knobheads

Call me thick but i fail to see what these people get out of it.

I don't know but presume this is a "rival" promoter.

By spreading rumours who is it going to hurt ?

The hotel no doubt have been paid in full, the organisers will have presumably taken all that they need for the running costs of the weekender & hopefully have a couple of bob left to buy themselves a couple of beers to celebrate a great event.

The only people to suffer will be those stupid enough to listen & then not check whether the rumours are correct. If they then don't attend because of the rumours & they find out later that they missed a weekender that they paid for, who are they going to be annoyed with? The spreader of the rumours of course & so they presumably wouldn't support anything this person(s) is involved with.

Or is all of that too simple & I'm missing something ?

Hope nobody thinks I'm trivialising this as of course it's totally out of order but as I say, hopefully the person to lose out will be the muck spreader !

So much in the rare soul press about people spreading rumours about other places :ohmy: ..I aint sure how these rumours have any effect because would we not then ask around and find out its not true,with internet/websites/mobile phone etc i would find it impossible not to find out if an event is on or off..Are the people who listen to these idiots from the moon...Good luck with the weekender and i hope all the silly cu"ts just crawl back under the stone..

Back to the real job of promoting the weekender that WILL be on this weekend :ohmy: The management last year kept several rooms back for staff. This year the new management of the hotel have decided they don't require as many rooms and have released to us a double room and a twin room. I know it's late in the day but if anyone is interested in taking one of these rooms please get in touch ASAP.

Cheers Andy you're a gent :ohmy: I know you'll be working overtime so no problem if you're too busy as we can always get a cab if need be.

Can you let me have your mobile no.

cheers mate see you friday

Dave

Hi Dave already given Martin my number but here it is anyway.... 07743863523 shout up when ready to be picked up. If anyone else having trouble form the station give us a call and if we can help we will.

Guest Marcelle

Back to the real job of promoting the weekender that WILL be on this weekend :ohmy: The management last year kept several rooms back for staff. This year the new management of the hotel have decided they don't require as many rooms and have released to us a double room and a twin room. I know it's late in the day but if anyone is interested in taking one of these rooms please get in touch ASAP.

Love it ...... somebody else working :lol: to give me a weekend of fun, frolics, beauty secrets oh & all that SOUL ....

Hi Dave already given Martin my number but here it is anyway.... 07743863523 shout up when ready to be picked up. If anyone else having trouble form the station give us a call and if we can help we will.

He knows I've got it Chalky....just sorting out our room for the sunday night now.....can't wait 'til Friday.

Knobheads

here here

Jen and I need a local hotel for the Friday night. Which is the closest one?

Blyth (think thats how you spell it) services on the A1 the travel lodge there, its about 2 miles away :thumbsup:

apologies ,i forgot to post up all rooms gone now, there will not be anymore . only place you'll be able to grab a hour is the dance floor when mick h is dj'ing.also we're getting to the stage of being pretty much packed out so be early.

will post up deals on various must have's ie bar prices,food ... the hotel staff are even looking forward to it and asked me about certain characters they remembered from last years event..

Travelling up nice n early from the west country 2moro,whats the weather like up there??? A bit of snow aint gonna stop us from getting to one of the best weekenders in the country! SEE YOU ALL SOON! :rolleyes: nick

THe weather's fine up,here Nick, well the roads are. All major roads clear, bit of snow on local roads but no major problems at all. See you both just after dinner :wicked:

Travelling up nice n early from the west country 2moro,whats the weather like up there??? A bit of snow aint gonna stop us from getting to one of the best weekenders in the country! SEE YOU ALL SOON! :thumbsup: nick

One of the best Nick ? If it's not far & away the best then I want my money back :P

Source Advert