Please Tell Me Who This Is.....no Labels

I recently picked up a 45 with the labels removed. The title of the song is most likely "Jealous Heart". I'm pretty sure its on Bell?? with matrix #711 with Bellsound stamp. Any info is greatly appreciated.

-Mike

Lyrics from chorus:

"You have made me lose a love once again,

See what you've done...

Oh, Jealous Heart"

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I recently picked up a 45 with the labels removed. The title of the song is most likely "Jealous Heart". I'm pretty sure its on Bell??  with matrix #711 with Bellsound stamp. Any info is greatly appreciated.

-Mike

Lyrics from chorus:

"You have made me lose a love once again,

See what you've done...

Oh, Jealous Heart"

link

Mike

The Spaniels version of this was released I believe on Calla, whether Pookie Hudson was still with the group I don't know but there is a version credited To Pookie solo rather than The Spaniels on Double L label & has the matrix that you describe together with the Bell Sound stamp. I've not heard The Spaniels version so don't know if they're the same. The Pookie version tho' does sound fairly early 60s. I've played it at SITC a couple of times to zilch reaction ;-) , Anybody know if they're the same?

Dave G

Social source share

Thanks for the extra info, Dave. The version I have sounds pretty early. Especially on the bridge, where it sounds like straight doo wop. I'll see if it gets any reaction next time I spin.

-Mike

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert