Darrell Banks -Open the door of your heart UK Stateside DEMO

Guest Drobus Willhem Vespa

Guest Drobus Willhem Vespa

I am soon to be selling my Copy (M-) of Darrell Banks-Open the Door of your Heart-Our love (is in the pocket) UK Stateside Demo-purchased in 2015 from John Manship. Can anyone suggest the best place to sell as I am raising funds due to injury. T.I.A

Social source share

You could ask John to sell it again.

He could even use the same wording he used the last time he sold one in October 2017.....!!!

Darrell Banks - Open The Door OF Your Heart / Our Love ( Is In The Pocket ) Stateside SS 536 Demo

Darrell Banks

Open The Door OF Your Heart / Our Love ( Is In The Pocket )

Stateside : SS 526 DJ (45s)

Eye Candy for the British collector ..A pulse quickening vision of vinyl beauty.

Nothing I can say about this Northern Soul anthem could elevate it any higher that it already placed in the hearts & minds of the Northern Soul community...

What I can reiterate is we doubt we'll ever be able to offer a more perfect copy than the one that staring back at you today..

If your vinyl collecting priorities are Condition, Condition, Condition, do not miss an very rare opportunity to own near perfection of what is perhaps the single greatest contribution to the Northern Soul ear.. 2 x over.

Or miss the chance of the miss spelled a-side title "Open The Door OF Your Heart" after EMI went to such great lengths to secure UK right after Decca thought it was all the theirs to run with.. Decca's failure to dot the "I's" and cross the "T's" let slip one of EMI's contasted seller from 1966 to 1972 EMI constantly repressed and reissued to meet the demand this Twisted Wheel anthem had sparked..

But before you today is the FIRST BORN, very, very rare and such a flawless baby..

Condition Report

A truly stunning copy, two unblemished labels, immaculate vinyl, easily the finest copy we've ever encountered in memory. FLAWLESS condition, nobody will ever require an upgrade if they can secure ownership on this Northern Soul anthem.

•  £411.00

Sorry, this auction has ended.

Social source share

1 hour ago, Drobus Willhem Vespa said:

I am soon to be selling my Copy (M-) of Darrell Banks-Open the Door of your Heart-Our love (is in the pocket) UK Stateside Demo-purchased in 2015 from John Manship. Can anyone suggest the best place to sell as I am raising funds due to injury. T.I.A

As already mentioned.  John is the man for best if not real world price of any record . Great tune by the way on the label to own it on. 

Steve 

Social source share

:boxing:HI .. John Manship does great write up's, but he failed to mention how rare this $tateside 45 is, over my years of collecting UK 45's I have seen more yellow London DEMOS than Red & White DEMOS, I was lucky to get my copy for £10 from a collector of DEMOS of Pop hits from the 6ts, My copy is VG+ and if I was to sell it a starting price would be £250, when it comes to selling top rare UK auction is the only way,

• Up vote 2
Social source share

You didn’t say if your demo is the GnW or RnW. Stateside issued both as it was right on the cusp of them changing their colours like all EMI distributed labels such as Motown Columbia etc. The RnW is more valuable by at least £100. Both will get lots of buyers though through auction  eBay also ok but would agree JM is the best  

Fantastic record - sorry to hear you have to sell. 

Pail T

Social source share

On ‎25‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 08:44, dthedrug said:

:boxing:HI .. John Manship does great write up's, but he failed to mention how rare this $tateside 45 is, over my years of collecting UK 45's I have seen more yellow London DEMOS than Red & White DEMOS, I was lucky to get my copy for £10 from a collector of DEMOS of Pop hits from the 6ts, My copy is VG+ and if I was to sell it a starting price would be £250, when it comes to selling top rare UK auction is the only way,

Absolutely agree, I used to have a London demo, but could I get a red/white Stateside, the green and whites were easy 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!