John Manship Auction this week.

Soulaction

I think even by the standards of prices Johns auction can raise, this one takes the biscuit.

Jay D Martin   By Yourself   Tower    the more common white dj copy.

An incredible £1337.00p was the end price.

Thought   Sam Dees   Lonely for you baby   was pricey at £950.00P odd.

But the  Jay D  Martin   price is astonishing.

Social source share

5 minutes ago, Mal C said:

we know... but hey could you get either of these cheaper? if the answer is yes, nothing to wrorry about then...

Someone had a sam dees for 500 only a couple of days ago , or I was dreaming , I wasn’t dreaming sold 500 vg+ on Monday, on here , so the mind boggles 

Edited by Colnago
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

If you’re a millionaire, then the price paid for J D Martin is pocket-change. Maybe some ultra-rich tycoon has stumbled upon a strain of music they quite like and fancy owning mint copies, money no object. No ordinary mortal could justify shelling out over a thousand quid for J D Martin. Someone in Hollywood or Silicon Valley is having a jolly fun time...

Social source share

JM deserves great credit for his pioneering longstanding dealing and authorship. He gets top prices as he has many of the best records as well as a world wide distribution and strong sales PR comments. Doesn’t always work though and it is a very fair auction process imho. 

Social source share

6 minutes ago, Rictic66 said:

JM deserves great credit for his pioneering longstanding dealing and authorship. He gets top prices as he has many of the best records as well as a world wide distribution and strong sales PR comments. Doesn’t always work though and it is a very fair auction process imho. 

I agree, have used him ourselves on dozens of occasions.

And been very happy with the outcome.

But the Jay D Martin dj, come on that was ridiculous.

Social source share

38 minutes ago, Mal C said:

we know... but hey could you get either of these cheaper? if the answer is yes, nothing to wrorry about then...

I could certainly get Jay D Martin cheaper, just about anywhere.

Have had numerous copies of it over the years, and Sam Dees too.

This is not a criticism of John or his auction, have used him myself on dozens of occasions.

Just think that price is bordering on insanity

And I am not worrying, or even wrorrying.😀

Edited by soulaction
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!