Jay D Martin Winning Bid: £1,337.00 !!!!!!

2 hours ago, DaveNPete said:

If you're THAT stupid how do you manage to make enough money to pay that kind of cash?

Dx

You can have control of billions regardless of intelligence. I think we’re seeing a one-off situation involving a multi-millionaire personality who can spend money without even bothering to check the credit card statement. There was always the possibility that some TV celeb B lister would latch onto the music and grab the nice tunes when they came to market - it could be a Chinese businessman, a Russian oligarch, a Radio 1 DJ, it matters not, but there’s  at least one person out there who spends on records like no-one ever has. Only John knows their identity and he sure won’t be telling us the name of his golden goose...

• Up vote 1
Social source share

8 hours ago, chalky said:

They would have picked it up much cheaper if they had asked on here or Facebook. 

Ah, but when you’re a megabuck-tycoon, life is too busy to mess around on Facebook or other social media. At least the big spender has their priorities right - firstly, make a fortune, secondly blow it on great records...

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

On 26/10/2018 at 17:22, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

Ah, but when you’re a megabuck-tycoon, life is too busy to mess around on Facebook or other social media. At least the big spender has their priorities right - firstly, make a fortune, secondly blow it on great records...

Also I think some of these people have a very limited knowledge when it comes to telling originals from bootlegs/lookalikes.

They bid more on Manships auction, because they trust him to send them a definite original record!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Just now, solidsoul said:

Also I think some of these people have very limited knowledge when it comes to telling originals from bootlegs/lookalikes.

They bid more on Manships auction, because they trust him to send them a definite original record!

There's more than enough information available to less educated people on the likes of here to guide them if they could be bothered or interested.    Even going through John still doesn't justify the price for this particular record. 

Steve 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Jay D ,{maybe Jay Z, was the Buyer}, Discogs ,March this year sold ,Low ,45 , Med 88, High 157 ,pounds , Popsike 2 years previous 100$ for a VG. If i can google that ,so can anybody . i have known some mega rich business people ,eg. Pete Waterman,and they could all split a penny , euro dollar ruple ,to get the "Real Deal"!.Also discogs is filtering out ,blocking Boots now so the originals problem is reduced, and JM sells unofficial releases, clearly stated ,of course . .

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, solidsoul said:

Also I think some of these people have a very limited knowledge when it comes to telling originals from bootlegs/lookalikes.

Or maybe someone got Sam Williams confused with J D Martin? I’m always getting my white demos on Tower mixed up... was it Jerry Naylor or the Four Larks I meant to get next and so it goes...

• Up vote 1
Social source share

4 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

There's more than enough information available to less educated people on the likes of here to guide them if they could be bothered or interested.    Even going through John still doesn't justify the price for this particular record. 

Steve 

Just waiting for somewhere like Manchester University to start up a degree course in Soul Studies. I fancy three years of hedonism up north, especially if they do away with tuition fees.

Social source share

1 hour ago, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

Just waiting for somewhere like Manchester University to start up a degree course in Soul Studies. I fancy three years of hedonism up north, especially if they do away with tuition fees.

I've had 44 years of hedonism and not just up here in the North  only ever paid entrance fees.  

Steve 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!