mike

events - comments/reviews

just word of a trial of a change to the comment/review layout

when viewing an event - the event view will show the latest comments all the time ( eg before and after the event)

The event reviews list can be viewed via the 'tab' link 'review' or directly via the links on the various indexes/pages

not sure?

just have a look at an event just gone and you should see the 'new' display method

cheers now

mike

Hi Mike 

Just had a look and it's a little confusing to me lol. Shouldn't reviews automatically show post-event (if there are any) rather than the pre-event comments? Would it be a lot of work to scrap the two separate sections and make it one complete single thread like it used to be, removing the star rating? 

Edited by jumpinjoan

Hi Joan

the comments do now work as before  - one complete single thread that shows on the default view

as in you now go to the event and you then see all the comments posted both before and after 

the reviews are now more separate - you need to follow a link to view them

I don't feel getting rid of the reviews is needed as the 'review' feature does offer members a  more deliberate feature to post more detailed views than the comments

cheers

mike

Okee dokee, but didn't it already do that? I feel you shouldn't have to search for after event reviews. Just seems unnecessarily complicated to me but I'm a simple gal :)

Edited by jumpinjoan

51 minutes ago, jumpinjoan said:

Okee dokee, but didn't it already do that? I feel you shouldn't have to search for after event reviews. Just seems unnecessarily complicated to me but I'm a simple gal :)

nah, it automatically switched from comments to reviews once the events  finished - so to use/post or read any comments you then had to hit the tab

thinking is this way with the comments at the front all the time it may work better and actually improve the reviews as they are now more deliberate 

but will give it 2-3 weeks and will have a look at it all then👍

Saturday morning mike

Hopefully I'm out tonight so will try this soon. One thing that did occur to me was that if you post a review and the promoter responds, that's the end of it. There's no facility for the reviewer to reply to the comment. Perhaps that's difficult to do though?

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.