What’s the most you’ve paid for a record

carl baxter

1 hour ago, liam2005 said:

Sent a wants list off to a bloke who was a session musician back in 6ts in detroit. I thought i might get a few decent ric tic items etc. Ended up getting mint Gwen owens, camaros, Pat Lewis,  buddy Smith, 6 copies of utopias and several other big ticket items. Sold them all years ago and made a decent profit. Those were the days alright. 

Greg

When did you send the wants list? 

Odd session musician hogging such rarities?

Even Gwent Owen did not keep copies of her stuff.

You were a very lucky guy indeed.

Ed

Social source share

Did my research with the lovely Internet back in mid 9ts, bloke was a backing singer etc. Everything was mint, most of the tunes I dj'd with for years at 100 club and capitol soul club. Sold them on to the boys like butch, Dyson, mick h etc

Edited by liam2005
Social source share

I paid 5 pound for a fiat 500 in 1970 and saw one sell for 10k....sorry im just trying to get me head around, the question. One becomes defensive in a world where damned if you do and damned if you dont. One thing for sure is do we want to lose the real hard to find, to the Japanese etc. or to wealthy non soul collectors, I admire the big NS investors, they get stick but keep our scene at the top of the world. just wonderful to see their master classes I know loads of folks who flash their scooters, holidays, new kitchen, smoke 40 a day, and its wonderful, flash a toon, and well it can be very depressing....i had five of them, and so it goes on. Going back to me fiat, fiver now 10k, they dont get all that bravado my dad can beat your dad up ego stuff....they edify and admire.....like our great folks, should do, they deserve it as well. We are the world leaders, and the joy you get playing say Mel Britt to a crowd who know what they know, is a joy beyond any price imho....power to all, no need to knock and collector/dj....it dont happen in antiques, art, etc....believe it or not classical music sells for far higher prices xxxx

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!