Valuing the top 500? Now more than a £million?

Tomangoes

14 minutes ago, tomangoes said:

If JD Martin is £1300 and Frank £50k and Eddie P £25k?.....

Anybody willing to sell the crown jewels would want a premium....

Got to be pushing a big ONE now.

Estimates? (Only a bit of fun:)

Ed

Wouldn't like to even attempt an estimate, if I'm honest I couldn't even name all the top 500...

But this I can tell you, it won't be many years before a lot of vast collections of those very same 45s are offered up for sale, which has got to result in a huge drop in values, as much sought after discs are released from being collection-locked.

That coupled with most collectors being around similar ages meaning they will be departing this earth possibly in quick succession inevitably means a large drop in the value of that investment collection you've been building up, especially if it were built up around the prices of the last decade or two.

Same with Classic Cars, when umpteen examples of a mega rarity come on the market the resulting drop in value has to be seen to be believed.

That long dreamt of 65 E-Type or Don Gardner 45 won't be so highly valued by a subsequent generation of collectors who dream about future classics like BMW 5 series and vintage X Boxes!

Sorry... Depressing I know. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

Wouldn't like to even attempt an estimate, if I'm honest I couldn't even name all the top 500...

But this I can tell you, it won't be many years before a lot of vast collections of those very same 45s are offered up for sale, which has got to result in a huge drop in values, as much sought after discs are released from being collection-locked.

That coupled with most collectors being around similar ages meaning they will be departing this earth possibly in quick succession inevitably means a large drop in the value of that investment collection you've been building up, especially if it were built up around the prices of the last decade or two.

Same with Classic Cars, when umpteen examples of a mega rarity come on the market the resulting drop in value has to be seen to be believed.

That long dreamt of 65 E-Type or Don Gardner 45 won't be so highly valued by a subsequent generation of collectors who dream about future classics like BMW 5 series and vintage X Boxes!

Sorry... Depressing I know. 

So true but you'll still get people arguing that it won't happen....

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
1 hour ago, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

it won't be many years before a lot of vast collections of those very same 45s are offered up for sale, which has got to result in a huge drop in values, as much sought after discs are released from being collection-locked

fingers crossed then - how many copies of records like "Jeanette" are locked away, hundreds of that one at least? yet if one copy comes up for sale it goes straight to auction for big money...mad

completing the top 500 is for millionaires only indeed

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!