Help needed! Manchester's 80/90s street soul scene

Mike

A request from the 'contact us' feature

Hi there, 

My name is Dave Freeman and i'm currently working on my dissertation which will be looking at Manchester's street soul scene in the 80s/90s. 

I was wondering if you could help me out with my research as i'm struggling to find useful articles/documentaries/books etc. 

Anytime spend replying to my email or helping me with my dissertation would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank you for your time. 

Dave

davefreeman885@gmail.com

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

On 26/10/2018 at 20:19, mike said:

A request from the 'contact us' feature

Hi there, 

My name is Dave Freeman and i'm currently working on my dissertation which will be looking at Manchester's street soul scene in the 80s/90s. 

I was wondering if you could help me out with my research as i'm struggling to find useful articles/documentaries/books etc. 

Anytime spend replying to my email or helping me with my dissertation would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank you for your time. 

Dave

davefreeman885@gmail.com

I went to the Berlin club and all the staff left and gave Colin the keys......Great night

https://www.mancky.co.uk/?p=5199

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
  • Just as well I saw this post. With regards to the TSR label, let me set the record straight. The label is the work of Duval Roper and his brother. Duval was one of my best mates when I was out and about seriously hunting back in the day. I've spent many hours in his company, he's genuinely one of the nicest people I've ever met, a legendary well known collector to anyone who was on the scene in London in the nineties when it was nigh on impossible to visit a Record & Tape Exchange in the afternoon, in either Goldhawk Road or Notting Hill Gate, without bumping into him. Forget Bristol or Manchester, Duval and his brother are West London boys, and as I recall they feature on most if not all of their own releases. 
Edited by Guest
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!