Stevegods profile photo

Leicester City - Helicopter Crash

Posted (edited)

Thoughts go out to the family and relatives of Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha , the owner of Leicester City , after the terrible news of the crash that happened after last nights 1-1 draw with West Ham . 

His financal input gave us all one of the most memorable premiership seasons ever, the likes of which may never be seen again . This can never be taken away , and will stand as a beacon of hope to all the underdogs in life and even so called big clubs like mine ( Liverpool ) that have never managed to win one. That feeling , those memories ... those epic goals - Jamie Vardy against Liverpool -  can never ever be taken away . 

RIP 

EB99B66A-1AB3-423C-919F-5BEDD131E5B5.jpeg

Edited by stevegods
  • Up vote 14

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
12 minutes ago, stevegods said:

Thoughts go out to the family and relatives of Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha , the owner of Leicester City , after the terrible news of the crash that happened after last nights 1-1 draw with West Ham . 

His financal input gave us all one of the most memorable seasons ever, the likes of which that may never be seen again .

Nicely put mate. It's a sad day for Leicester city and football in general.  

Steve 

• Up vote 6

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

A tragedy for football and the city.a real low after some truly amazing highs.   

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha    had done great things for both the club and as a benefactor to the people of Leicester.

Condolences to all involved.

• Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Went the game yesterday got home to warch Netflix and my phone went. Haven't barely slept since  the entire city is mourning. He was a fantastic chairman and charity contributor in Leicester. Truly heartbroken. 

• Up vote 6

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Just wanted to mention our local foxestalk website has had scores of unbelievable heart warming messages from other clubs fans. United city Liverpool leeds forest derby to many to mention ,but have been a great comfort to all foxes. Sometimes football fans are amazing just like soulies.

• Up vote 5

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Still struggling to get my head around this tragic accident. Vichai had an unbelievable impact on the club, taking us to a height we never dared to dream we would reach. A massive charity benefactor to the local hospital and others too. Yes, Leicester Boy, the Foxestalk thread is very moving...feeling compelled to go down the KP and pay my respects this week.

Edited by Robin S
  • Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

As forest fan got to say what great bloke heart goes out to is family and friends 

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Very sad news......

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

20181030_150723.jpg

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Loads of shirts & scarves from other supporters. Love this one

20181030_151229.jpg

• Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
9 hours ago, Addio said:

Loads of shirts & scarves from other supporters. Love this one

20181030_151229.jpg

Leicester fans will never forget the way fans of other clubs have supported us in our darkest days. 

• Up vote 4

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Obviously a terrible tragedy.

When I first heard about it, I wondered if a drone was involved in the crash.

The BBC have posted a video of the helicopter taking off and spiralling out of control. This could be due to the tail rotor failing. If you study the video closely, a small bright object flies off to the left of picture. Could this be a part of the tail rotor being flung off or a drone moving across the sky? Any thoughts or comments appreciated.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

My immediate reaction to the playing of the video clip was why .... why keep playing it over and over ... on every station at every news broadcast ..

I know the accident and flying authorities will want to review it ... but for heavens sake , 5 people have just died in that crash , and there families and friends have to suffer that being played over and over again . Can’t we give them some time to morn or space to adjust . 

I know , I know ... it’s news and if it’s not broadcast it could be viewed on line .. well let it be done like that and let the people who work at solving these accidents come to their conclusion in their own time .

Not having a go at you mate for wanting to find answers , just the media frenzy when something like this happens . 

Edited by stevegods
  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
2 minutes ago, stevegods said:

My immediate reaction to the playing of the video clip was why .... why keep playing it over and over ... on every station at every news broadcast ..

I know the accident and flying authorities will want to review it ... but for heavens sake , 5 people have just died in that crash , and they have to suffer that being played over and over again . Can’t we give them some time to morn or space to adjust . 

I know , I know ... it’s news and if it’s not broadcast it could be viewed in line .. well let it be done like that and let the people who work at solving these accidents come to their conclusion in their own time .

Not having a go at you mate for wanting to find answers , just the media frenzy when something like this happens . 

Hi Steve. Not wanting a media frenzy but the truth. I suspect the families of the victims and the people of Leicester would also want to know the facts. Sure, there will be an enquiry, but so far to date, nothing has been mentioned re the question I have raised. Coverage on the BBC News at Ten has been sensitive and objective as one would expect.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
8 hours ago, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

Hi Steve. Not wanting a media frenzy but the truth. I suspect the families of the victims and the people of Leicester would also want to know the facts. Sure, there will be an enquiry, but so far to date, nothing has been mentioned re the question I have raised. Coverage on the BBC News at Ten has been sensitive and objective as one would expect.

With the greatest respect Frankie we are not at the stage where we are thinking about it. I personally changed channels the second it was going to be shown. We are in a collective grief in Leicester at the moment, but i agree that will eventually lead to people wanting to know what happened, just at the moment we cant face it. Best wishes mate.

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Yes Frankie , I know everyone will want answers ... and hopefully they will he found very soon . But that cameraphone footage being shown again and again , is just a little incentive at least .. and really does little to help all of those trying to come to terms with all of this . 

Not having a dig at all at you mate ... cause I know what the sentiment was behind your post. I think most of us that love football just feel so sad about the whole thing . But LCFC had achieved something very special , and that season will go down as one of the very best I have ever witnessed and I’ve stood on the Kop for a few real good ones back in the 70’d and 80s .. 

Can never be taken away ! 

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Radio City Records From San Diego
    Look At Your Box by Diggin' Dave on Sat 10 Jul 2010
    • 46 / 4428
    • Blackpoolsoul on 25 Mar 2020
  2. Rare Modern JAMES KNOX - ELECTRIC CITY
    Soul Media by Thejan on Mon 23 Mar 2020
    • 2 / 147
    • Psamsara on 23 Mar 2020
  3. DOUBLE BARRELLED SOUL LP SOUL CITY SLEEVE WANTED
    General Sales & Wants by Petedillon on Thu 12 Mar 2020
    • 1 / 226
    • Petedillon on 12 Mar 2020
  4. Man City v Liverpool tickets
    Freebasing by Steve Foran on Fri 31 Jan 2020
    • 19 / 803
    • Steve Foran on 10 Mar 2020
  5. Kent Town & City / Select Clearance
    Record Sales by Roger Banks on Mon 17 Feb 2020
    • 1 / 393
    • Roger Banks on 17 Feb 2020

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.