NABAY!!!!! The first pic finally!!! Do you believe it? or not?

On 28/10/2018 at 16:28, colouredman said:

Ive been asked a few times recently about Nabay who I met way back in 1991. I interviewed him at the home he shared with his Mum, and later interviewed his brother in California. I also interviewed his friend who co wrote with him. 

Dont wanna say too much coz I do intend to publish his story, so dont wanna pre empt the impact of that (pardon the pun lol). He was a lovely humble guy and his Mum was great too. They made me and my girlfriend at the time Jaqui Kavanagh so welcome.

He was good friends with Bob Babbitt, and was known locally in his Detroit neighbourhood by the nickname ‘Horse’ because of his strength and awesome street fighting abilities apparently. Another great talent let down by the exploitative music industry.

So here it is, as far as I know, the first photo of him our scene has ever seen; remember you saw it here first. I keep hearing and reading so much speculation about him; I thought it was time to show this. I have other photos in colour, but thought this black and white one was a good one for here.

Enjoy

Tim

649AD81C-F604-4377-A0BF-7E15C32DC09A.thumb.jpeg.c8fe45ea2b8779769eb93e44161a0997.jpeg

Interesting stuff Tim... I remember you telling me this story in the early hours at a nighter. He does look a handful though, look at the size of his fist and forearm ! 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Hi Eddie, hope yre well mate. He cut other things but not as ‘Nabay’ and earlier.... not our genre. 

Yes Nabay has a theory about why it never did anything.... a very interesting one which Ill go into when i publish.

On 31/10/2018 at 14:17, Dysonsoul said:

Interesting stuff Tim... I remember you telling me this story in the early hours at a nighter. He does look a handful though, look at the size of his fist and forearm ! 

Eh up Andy? U ok? Yeah yre right about that fist and forearm; it’d be a sure fire knock out.... just like his record lol.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

• 1 month later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!