Weston Cancelled..B*GGER

Mace

Just got this email.......gutted.......

16th December Grand Atlantic Weston Super Mare Mini-All Nighter We are very sorry to announce but The Grand Atlantic has not been given the all clear regarding Legionnaires Disease and on that basis has to be cancelled as the Department of Health are not willing to give the all clear for another week. We realise that this is very short notice, efforts have been made to try to find an alternative place but everything is booked for Christmas parties etc please pass the message on to as many people that you may think would be attending. Again sorry for the inconvenience. We will get in touch regarding next years dates. From All at Hip Hug Hers. Best wishes for the New Year

• Replies 10
  • Views 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just got this email.......gutted.......

16th December Grand Atlantic Weston Super Mare Mini-All Nighter We are very sorry to announce but The Grand Atlantic has not been given the all clear regarding Legionnaires Disease and on that basis has to be cancelled as the Department of Health are not willing to give the all clear for another week. We realise that this is very short notice, efforts have been made to try to find an alternative place but everything is booked for Christmas parties etc please pass the message on to as many people that you may think would be attending. Again sorry for the inconvenience. We will get in touch regarding next years dates. From All at Hip Hug Hers. Best wishes for the New Year

very sorry to hear the bad news mace

if you tell anyone that was going to your event they can come upto lightwater ...im not trying to cash in on your misfortune but just offering people a good soul night out

moldie

Not my event mate, just DJing for 'em, but the Weston promoters don't own a p.c. between 'em and the local library is shut so they can't post up... :thumbsup:

do hate these last minute let downs

it leaves none or very little time to find or sort another venue

moldie

Not my event mate, just DJing for 'em, but the Weston promoters don't own a p.c. between 'em and the local library is shut so they can't post up... :lol:

Mace, ar' Mick has been stood outside our place since 16:00 waiting for me to return home, all coz he forgot his Library Card, what a donkey :thumbsup:

If I can redirect you all to the original thread https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=37787 this has more info

Hi All,

So sorry to hear that this has fallen through, truly gutted as I always look forward to this Chrimbo night.

I don't think you can blame anyone, I guess the managers wanted to wait to the last minute to make sure they needed to cancel. I hope not to many of you have booked accommodation at other places as you will lose out.

On a slightly brighter note if this is any bit of a consolation, there is a do that myself and the Sole Room gang are DJing at on the same night just around the corner from the Grand Atlantic just a 2 min walk(I was going to attend HipHugHer in between my stints on the decks). I know it won't be up to the calibre of sounds of HipHugHer but if your at a lose end in Weston I know you'll be more than welcome (if you don't mind listening to Scooterist soul etc). Don't be alarmed by that as although the DJ's are not cutting edge they do play some progressive stuff and not just the played out tunes. This is on from 8 till 4am.

I'm also not trying to cash in on your misfortune (that's why I've not posted the event on the forum so we don't tread on any ones long established toes, plus I'm just DJing not the organiser) but just offering people an alternative if your stuck in our town with nowt to do.

If any of you are interested let me know and I'll post a link to the flyer.

Cheers,

Ross

Sorry to hear of the news,was looking forward to it as we had a had a load coming down from london for the weston supa mare do,sorry rowly,monkey,andy bb,carrots,colin,guy and alex.Oh well better to be safe than sorry,hopefully another allnighter in weston asap :thumbsup:

Tis a great shame indeed. Was well looking forward to coming down and trashing Hannah's gaff & annoying the neighbours again... See ya soon I hope Brother Nick!

Guest lifeandsoul

Also on Sat i am doing the City Canteen in Cardiff- flyer in the gallery, at the moment its the latest one. I was gonna pop into hip hug on way back to wsm. May now pop in and see you Ross, haven't seen you for ages.

music policy at canteen of course different, i'll be playing stuff like i played in room 2 at the cardiff allnighter but I can always drop some oldies