Early clover

I'm in this store in the States

He played me this early clover 45 I wanna take a chance with you. Nice modern soul.

So he wants a big ticket and I decide to take the gamble. Then I investigate further and find it's been reissued. Reissue on Discogs looks IDENTICAL even though it says it's made by soul thing records. Why the hell didn't they put "soul thing" on the label somewhere. Looks like it only says ST 002 in the run out. Original has no info about run off grooves. So I look at mine and it says ST 002. So next day I take it back and tell him I want a refund as it's clearly the reissue. He told me it couldn't be as he bought it 3 years ago and it was in a bundle of records acquired from a radio station of 60s and 70s things. So how could it be from 2015. And all purchases were final. 

Anyone enlighten me further about differences? 

Cheers

Rob 

Edited by HIPCITY HIPSTER
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The label difference is hard to describe, firstly the original is a clean bright yellow, where as the reissue is a duller, less vibrant yellow.

Text is laid out exactly the same, however the the reissue is thicker text, and very clear (ie modern laser printing)

Here's the two images, taken from discogs. First one is the Original . . .

orig.jpg.59f9cb6dc7c078f11e1f3fdb38ec31ef.jpg

. . . and next the reissue . . .

Reiss.jpg.b02cc87d5b96942d4bd61d681d3f5a3f.jpg

Cheers
Mick

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!