Bidds Xmas Allnighter - 23rd December

Mace

Wrap you pressies early this year folks, so you can spend Xmas Eve recovering from this event in time for Christmas Day.....great line-up, great venue...& most importantly....top tunes....a cracker indeed!

Saturday 23rd December 2006

BIDDS RARE SOUL ALLNIGHTER

BIDDS Main Room, Sutherland Road, Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffs, ST3 1JB

DJs - Andy Dyson, Des Parker, Roger Banks, Jumpin' Joan, John Kelly, Ted Couldstone, Shute & Mace.

Quality rare soul sounds on original chunky black vinyl.

Atmospheric venue with late bar, large wooden dance floor and private carpark

Record dealers welcome

9.00 p.m. - 7.00 a.m

£10 on the door.

Please note - As Roger Banks is DJing at this event, neither the venue nor I can be held responsible for any irratic or or bizarre behaviour on his part.

Any such antics are the responsibility of Roger, and Roger alone.

We recommend anyone of a nervous disposition keep at least 50 yards from Roger at all times at the event, or if the need arises to respond to him in any way we suggest you keep to polite, but short and simple answers whilst avoiding any eye contact whatsoever!

Anyone caught feeding Roger Banks, or enticing him to increase his level of mischeviousness, will be ejected from the premises.....poking him with a blunt (or sharp) instrument is however allowed, and indeed encouraged.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Mace
  • Replies 27
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Phil Richards

Wrap you pressies early this year folks, so you can spend Xmas Eve recovering from this event in time for Christmas Day.....great line-up, great venue...& most importantly....top tunes....a cracker indeed!

DJs - Andy Dyson, Des Parker, Roger Banks, Jumpin' Joan, John Kelly, Ted Couldstone, Shute & Mace.

Record dealers welcome

9.00 p.m. - 7.00 a.m

£10 on the door.

Please note - As Roger Banks is DJing at this event, neither the venue nor I can be held responsible for any irratic or or bizarre behaviour on his part.

We recommend anyone of a nervous disposition keep at least 50 yards from Roger at all times at the event, or if the need arises to respond to him in any way we suggest you keep to polite, but short and simple answers whilst avoiding any eye contact whatsoever!

Anyone caught feeding Roger Banks, or enticing him to increase his level of mischeviousness, will be ejected from the premises.....poking him with a blunt (or sharp) instrument is however allowed, and indeed encouraged.

biggrin.gif

Just feed him lot's of beer :thumbsup:

Guest barnsey

i have studied this disorder in depth and the only way banks syndrome can be overcome is with a sort sharp slap up the side of the head with a grimsby kipper (weight in excess of three pounds or 1.45 kilos) :rolleyes:

Guest Phil Richards

ohmy.gif

No no no no no no no!

His alcohol intake has to be carefully monitored....part of the contract deal I had to sign with the venue to be able to let him through the doors.... :D

Carefully monitored :wicked::wicked::yes:

Guest Paul Brennan

£10 pay on the door mate....no ticket required.

Hope you can make it - it's a great venue and as you say, quality line up :)

Magic, thanks Mace, Andy, Roger, Joan, and the rest of the crew top drawer, I'll take this as my Christmas present, will try and drag a few down with me, hope its a packer for you. Anyone from Manchester area needing a lift PM me

pAul

Magic, thanks Mace, Andy, Roger, Joan, and the rest of the crew top drawer, I'll take this as my Christmas present, will try and drag a few down with me, hope its a packer for you. Anyone from Manchester area needing a lift PM me

pAul

Cheers Paul :)

DJ times for this Saturday at Bidds.

Joan has a prior booking before coming down to Bidds, hence only having the one spot later on.

All DJs usually have 2 spots, one prime time main set and the other either early evening/early morning second spot.

Any DJs with probs regarding set times please shout up soon as poss.

Regards

Mace

9.00 - 9.45 Ted Couldstone

9.45 - 10.15 Shute

10.15 - 10.45 Roger Banks

10.45 - 11.15 Des Parker

11.15 - 11.45 Andy Dyson

11.45 - 12.30 John Kelly

12.30 - 1.15 Shute

1.15 - 2.00 Mace

2.00 - 2.45 Andy Dyson

2.45 - 3.30 Roger Banks

3.30 - 4.15 Des Parker

4.15 - 5.15 Jumpin' Joan

5.15 - 5.45 John Kelly

5.45 - 6.15 Ted Couldstone

6.15 - 7.00 Mace

Directions to Bidds from M6.

Getting some great feedback for Saturday, looks like its gonna be a good'un thumbsup.gif

• Exit M6 from Junction 15 if coming from South, or Junction 16 if coming from North onto the A500
  • Exit the A500 at the A50 Meir / Uttoxeter / Derby junction, passing S.C.F.C. Britannia Stadium on right..
  • Turn off A50 on 3rd exit for Longton East and Normacot. Head towards Longton on Uttoxeter Rd.
  • About 50 yards further down Uttoxeter Road turn right onto Meir Hay Road
  • Follow this road and it bends to the left - it then becomes Sutherland Road after bend.
  • BIDDS is down this road on right side, just after petrol station and hardware store on same side.
  • Drive to bottom left hand corner of car park for entrance.

Edited by Mace

DJ times for this Saturday at Bidds.

Joan has a prior booking before coming down to Bidds, hence only having the one spot later on.

All DJs usually have 2 spots, one prime time main set and the other either early evening/early morning second spot.

Any DJs with probs regarding set times please shout up soon as poss.

Regards

Mace

9.00 - 9.45 Ted Couldstone

9.45 - 10.15 Shute

10.15 - 10.45 Roger Banks

10.45 - 11.15 Des Parker

11.15 - 11.45 Andy Dyson

11.45 - 12.30 John Kelly

12.30 - 1.15 Shute

1.15 - 2.00 Mace

2.00 - 2.45 Andy Dyson

2.45 - 3.30 Roger Banks

3.30 - 4.15 Des Parker

4.15 - 5.15 Jumpin' Joan

5.15 - 5.45 John Kelly

5.45 - 6.15 Ted Couldstone

6.15 - 7.00 Mace

Thanks for that Mace.... really looking forward to it.... gonna be a cracker! :shades:

Record dealers welcome

9.00 p.m. - 7.00 a.m

£10 on the door.

:shades:

Record dealers welcome

9.00 p.m. - 7.00 a.m

£10 on the door.

:rolleyes:

Guest OoohGeorgieBerry

I'm back in God's own county for Christmas so I shall be along to this tonight all being well and M6 willing!

Gooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrn Stoke! :rolleyes:

Another great nighter at Bidds last night - many thanks to all the DJs and everyone who turned up for making it so!

Quality music and a quality crowd :sweatingbullets:

I had a viscous sickness bug all day Saturday, and didn't get out of bed till 7.15 p.m. Saturday evening, so apologies for being the 'lazy promoter' by sloping off at 4 a.m. as I was physically shattered (though 'completely drained' may a more apt description ohmy.gif )

Big thanks to Linda for a sterling job on the door once again :P

Our next nighter at Bidds is February 17th, and will be the 1st Allnighter anniversary....Carl Willingham has agreed to grace the Bidds decks once again, and I will confirm the rest of the DJ line-up nearer the time.

Other dates for 2007 will be April 28th / October 6th / December 22nd.

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a prosperous New Year folks.... :thumbsup: