News: Bob Abrahamian Collection Preserved

40 minutes ago, mike said:

thanks for passing on Russ

It's great to see that Bob's aka @boba legacy lives on 

and also great that the donation fund that many of us soul source members donated to may have played a part in helping all this to happen

👍

thanks

mike

Perhaps Soul Source could form some sort of hook up with Columbia College, given the obvious connections in terms of Black Music Research etc. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

It's a nice gesture to donate all these rare original records to the College, but I would think that the records will get scratched and damaged.

Young people who are not used to handling records and don't own them, might not treat them with the respect they deserve!

Some of these records are very rare and nearly irreplaceable!

Much better that they are put on the market, then whoever buys them will look after them!

Social source share

4 hours ago, solidsoul said:

It's a nice gesture to donate all these rare original records to the College, but I would think that the records will get scratched and damaged.

Young people who are not used to handling records and don't own them, might not treat them with the respect they deserve!

Some of these records are very rare and nearly irreplaceable!

Much better that they are put on the market, then whoever buys them will look after them!

Totally second that. Records are made to be played, loved and cared for. Like he did. And that is in home collections. Not in museums or libraries. So even for BobA legacy, to make a comprehensive like documentary with all his radio shows on DVD or so, funded with the sales of his record collections, should be something much more eloquent. But who am I to judge...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!