Rare, soulful and great - not-in-demand 'yet' items...

Paul-s

So, if your tired of the same old stuff floating about at so called rare or underplayed nights these may be for you. Firstly they are LPs..yes..LPs and the tracks are not available on 45, hence playing the LPs, first hurdle for some who care more about format than quality. Anyway, each to his/her own. They are all f--k off rare and good tunes on LP only. Forget the pappy, hand clappy, two step, Jesus gospel that springs to mind...this is not that! The prices reflect the rarity and how long they took to find and when you see how much is paid for overplayed oldies, they are cheap. 

Mighty Jubilations - If You Make One Step   is the track on an LP entitled I Found The Answer on a Jacobs Music VG++ Sleeve is battered. I have had three in 5 years and they are all watermarked. Lets face it, if Soul Sam played this many would suddenly want it and start raving about it. Quality production and soul. £220 (SOLD).

Rev Jerry Washington and The Mighty Mighty Flames of Calvary - Hot Hot Hot

The track is entitled 'The Mighty Flames of Calvary' and is an uptempo, frenetic stormer!  VG++  £70

Its at 27mins on Deans show link

The Twilights - Stand Up LP has a couple of tracks but 'Thank You' is the one, uptempo soul! When I first played this out Guy called me the next day to grab the other copy I had located online, its instant. Its tough and brilliant, perfect for the dance floor anywhere and I have proved that when its played out. On Rae Cox and VG++ £150     you can hear it at 3.45mins on Deans show i've linked in post.

The Motivations - First Message LP and the track is 'Get Ready', its quality, beautiful 1983 modern soul and a few of the European Dj's have it, Greg B, put me onto it a good while ago. Its the first track on side 2, not the second as listed on the sleeve (misprint). Floor filler! As with the others listed its a tough one! £100

The Inspirational Ensemble - He Will Save You LP and the track is 'Come Holy Ghost' with Mamie Thomas on lead vocal and man oh man is it a storming, floor filling, thrilling ride! Ultra-rare on a private press and in VG++ condition. Only ever seen two and I had both. £150. Check it at 5.05 mins on link below. Its a sales mix from 4 years ago when I had it covered up and sold the spare I had (too cheap). Not seen another since. This is my copy (HOLD)

Email me if any interest as I don't really check on here much. paulsadot@hotmail.com 

Thanks for listening (if you did)

Paul-S

110689285897.jpg

R-7981898-1452880083-5578.jpeg.jpg

Edited by paul-s
sold
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply