LA R&B Biggie

A very nice slab of R&B up for grabs!

Message any questions or to reserve?

Otis Lee – Hard row to hoe – Quaint 1-1 M- £900

I don’t think there is much to go on with this Artist, other than his role in the Hamburg based funk-soul band Mandrake in the late 70s. He had one other release on Quaint 2-2, “Baby I love you”, this time the label was blue instead of mustard, yep that’s my take on it, not orange, not yellow, but Dijon!

Utterly captivating R&B, covered by Gary Spencer as Lee Blackmore & Soul Searchers in the early 90s, this simply mooches along, wheelin’ n’ dealin in cute lyrics, plucked strings, pulsar horns and catchy keys, just imagine this being sung live in some bluesy deep south liquor joint.

Darrell Johnson and former Capitol Records A&R Executive Jack Chartoff launched Great Mandella Productions in January of 1968, building a multi-track recording studio and offices in Studio City on the site of Foto Kem, a major motion picture facility. The pair signed several artists including Otis Lee, releasing singles, EP's and LP's on Great Mandella, Quaint, Peace and Gloryland records labels. Johnson was President of Quaint, which pressed only 1000 copies of “Hard row”.

Top end copy of this 1969 LA release, not a blemish in sight, therefore I am confident to proclaim; condition, condition, condition!

PayPal as friends or add 4% or bank transfer please.

Postage:
£8.50 – Special Delivery (Fully insured)
Overseas on Request

Cheers, Lee

22650957_Quaint1-1.jpg.3142a4f0c0728b431be7e21553cdbfe5.jpg Q1.jpg.46711d74fc83cc93ca0d26da9464b1ca.jpg Q2.jpg.11e7d9724eb0c83b284398830d5413dc.jpg
Edited by SoulfulSolutions
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now