DETROIT MEGA RARITY!!!! Golden World Studios Acetate.

Colouredman

For serious  collectors: a Detroit collectors dream!

DETROIT MEGA MEGA MEGA rarity! Rarer than Frank Wilson???.......very possibly; I’ll let you decide......

Offers invited for:

DARRELL BANKS:  ‘OUR LOVE IS IN THE POCKET’: Alternative mix!

GOLDEN WORLD STUDIOS ACETATE!!  10 inch with blank flip side.

This isn’t just mega mega rare and unique; it’s a fantastic awe-inspiring piece of Detroit Music history memorabilia, from a studio so significant and key to the  music genre we love so much. How many of us have ever seen ANY Golden World Studios acetate??. If so, have you ever seen one of such an iconic Detroit anthem as this? Just seeing the ‘Golden World Studios’ text is a treat for the eyes. 

The song itself is of course, the epitome of fast, class, Detroit Northern at its absolute finest, and seemingly (to mine and others ears), a different mix too; than the ‘45’ On Revilot. Closer in fact,  to the LP version. An absolutely unbelievable find!

Interestingly the label mistakenly has written on it ‘Picture me and you’ (The Tony Michaels Golden World song), and then underneath has the correct title. Right at the end just as it fades, Darrell ad libs a couple of extra words, which also don’t feature on the LP or 45 versions. 

It looks as though this was supposed to be the version to be released, and then seemingly superceded by the ultimately released version on Revilot.

This version I think is about 9 seconds longer (2:46 I think)than the LP version (2:37); the Revilot version is 2:34.

It’s a a 52 year old acetate so it’s obviously seen better days, but apart from a couple of seconds of run-in, the audible condition is pretty good with strong audio and nothing too much distracting from that. It’s certainly playable but let’s face it, after playing it once you’re probably gonna frame it if you have any sense.

It came from Rosemary McCoy one of the co-writers of the song; a lovely elderly lady who I had the pleasure of meeting. She had worked with so many key producers; (Gene Redd for example),and label owners during the 60’s. 

As a consequence of her involvement in 60’s Detroit and New York soul and R&B, I was able to buy this acetate and many many other great and rare records and acetates from her; Gene Toones was another one which comes to mind.

This Golden World Studios acetate is very possibly one of the most incredible pieces of Detroit Music memorabilia EVER! A complete ‘one-off’ as far as I know; so very very serious bids only please; this is self evidently a genuinely mega-rarity, (not just something hyped up to be rare!).

So bid accordingly if you’re interested; please 

don’t just offer me 10 shillings and sixpence and your Grannies used undies, coz I’ll inevitably have to decline, and thereby insult you and your lovely Granny, lol.

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 2
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!