PY the pork pie PETER YOUNG sad news

Guest Spain pete

RIP p/y never forgot when you dj'd at the butlins disco when l was 10 ish and you played  behind a painted smile,  isleys,  you and you only was the man that took me on this great journey   see you brother in soul heaven l pray 🎶👏💔🎶

Social source share

A very influential DJ in my introduction to the wonderful world of soul music, his knowledge had no boundaries. 

Can anybody enlighten me on the music he used at the start of every Soul Cellar please?

They say this is a a big fat town but I know where the soul is at!

R.I.P. PY the pork pie

Social source share

On 3 November 2018 at 16:55, AliB said:

A very influential DJ in my introduction to the wonderful world of soul music, his knowledge had no boundaries. 

Can anybody enlighten me on the music he used at the start of every Soul Cellar please?

They say this is a a big fat town but I know where the soul R.I.P. PY the pork pie

The sound of soul city.... Pick up on this! I recorded all the shows in the early 80s. Friday, 6.00 o'clock... highlight of the week! And, for me, the first mention of Kent LPs and all that entailed. I wrote to him once about a record and received a long, handwritten and very considered letter. Thank you PY. 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

• 2 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!