BRIGHOUSE RITZ THE END?

Guest the dukester

Guest the dukester

EMAIL FROM A MATE OF MINE.......

Hey Dukesy, Not sure if you know already know(I read it in the Brighouse Echo this weekend), but apparently this friday's 9th anniversary do at The Brighouse Ritz is going to be the last ever Northern Soul night at the venue.

I THOUGHT IT WAS CLOSING IN FEBRUARY unsure.gif AS THE SITE IS SOLD & GONNA BE FLATS, ANYBODY GOT DEFO NEWS ON THE CLOSING DATE??

THANKS

DUKESY :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hey Dukesy, Not sure if you know already know(I read it in the Brighouse Echo this weekend), but apparently this friday's 9th anniversary do at The Brighouse Ritz is going to be the last ever Northern Soul night at the venue.

I THOUGHT IT WAS CLOSING IN FEBRUARY unsure.gif AS THE SITE IS SOLD & GONNA BE FLATS, ANYBODY GOT DEFO NEWS ON THE CLOSING DATE??

THANKS

Giulio,

I've been booked to dj there on February 16th. If the date has been cancelled, I think Ginger would let me know about... He sent me the flyers with the December, January, and February dates...

Ciao

Edited by Roccia
Social source share

Guest the dukester

Giulio,

I've been booked to dj there on February 16th. If the date has been cancelled, I think Ginger would let me know about... He sent me the flyers with the December, January, and February dates...

Ciao

Yes Roccia...

Ref your post to me weeks ago on your DJ sesh at Ritz in Feb and then the report in the Local Brighouse paper....... its a mixed up, shook up world :thumbsup:

I now look forward to Friday and whats left of next year at Brighouse. thumbsup.gif I will send the Ginger one a text message.

Social source share

Guest the dukester

THANKS

RIGHT.... HAD A WORD WITH THE MAN HIMSELF (GT) PAPER GOT IT WRONG!! PLANNING PERMISSION PUT IN, MAYBE LOOKING AT JUNE CLOSURE.

Social source share

I work with someone who lives in Brighouse. He told me that it was in their local newspaper a few weeks ago that they had sold to to make flats on the site, but there wasnt a date for closure.

Not been much help have I :thumbsup:

Social source share

RIGHT.... HAD A WORD WITH THE MAN HIMSELF (GT) PAPER GOT IT WRONG!! PLANNING PERMISSION PUT IN, MAYBE LOOKING AT JUNE CLOSURE.

Good new Giulio...

So, we'll meet there...? I think even Billy-o will be with us...

Social source share

Good new Giulio...

So, we'll meet there...? I think even Billy-o will be with us...

/quote]

Hey Big Man .....

I discussed the subject of the closure date for the Ritz , when I spoke with young Ginger on Sunday ; It would seem that friday's date - will be the last anniversary to be held there . the date for the actual closure is unsure , but I expect the February date that your good self are on at the Ritz , from all accounts , to be still definately on .

It has to be :as I promised when I visited you in Pisa , that we were going to have a pint or three on the night ..... and I keep my promises .

Best wishes to you & love to Letizia .

Ciao

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Good to hear this from you Malc,

I have to book a flight, it will be a pain in the arse if the date would be cancelled...

See you on February...

Roccia

Edited by Roccia
Social source share

Guest the dukester

saw this a few days ago

the brick on ebay bit, made me laugh as place not even shut yet:)

https://www.brighousetoday.co.uk/ViewArticl...ticleid=1924636

One of the guys who is a regular at the Ritz is named "Larry L".................. :D

A CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK........ :thumbsup:

By the way I have a peice of brick from the old Lambretta Innocenti works if you have a spare £5000 knocking about :thumbsup::(

Social source share

One of the guys who is a regular at the Ritz is named "Larry L".................. :(

A CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK........ :D

By the way I have a peice of brick from the old Lambretta Innocenti works if you have a spare £5000 knocking about :thumbsup:laugh.gif

There are millions of bricks yet in the old factory site in Lambrate...

5 quid each...? :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Glawsters Best

HI AS ONE OF GINGER'S CLOSES FRIENDS HE TELL'S ME THAT THE JUNE DATE COULD BE THE LAST THE BUILDING AS NOT BEEN SOLD YET SO DON'T WASTE YOU MONEY BUYING THE BRICKS SO DUKESTER YOUR RIGHT IN THE NEW YEAR HE WILL BE DOING A TRIBUTE TO TONY BANKS DATE TBA AND GINGER'S BIRTHDAY CELEBATION NIGHT DATE TBA

SO PLEASE TELL YOUR FREINDS BRIGHOUSE RITZ WILL NOT BE CLOSING TIL AT LEAST JUNE 2007

CHEERS LEON

TALCUM POWDER SOUL

WWW.GLOUCESTERFM.COM

EVERY WEDNESDAY 7PM-9PM

IN THE GLOUCESTER AREA 96.6FM

CHRISTMAS DAY 70'S PARTY 10AM -12 NOON

Edited by Glawsters Best
Social source share

HI AS ONE OF GINGER'S CLOSES FRIENDS HE TELL'S ME THAT THE JUNE DATE COULD BE THE LAST THE BUILDING AS NOT BEEN SOLD YET SO DON'T WASTE YOU MONEY BUYING THE BRICKS SO DUKESTER YOUR RIGHT IN THE NEW YEAR HE WILL BE DOING A TRIBUTE TO TONY BANKS DATE TBA AND GINGER'S BIRTHDAY CELEBATION NIGHT DATE TBA

SO PLEASE TELL YOUR FREINDS BRIGHOUSE RITZ WILL NOT BE CLOSING TIL AT LEAST JUNE 2007

CHEERS LEON

TALCUM POWDER SOUL

WWW.GLOUCESTERFM.COM

EVERY WEDNESDAY 7PM-9PM

IN THE GLOUCESTER AREA 96.6FM

Hi Leon,

I didnt know you're on Soul Source as well. Good to hear this. See you on february!

Ciao

Roccia

Social source share

Guest Glawsters Best

Hi Leon,

I didnt know you're on Soul Source as well. Good to hear this. See you on february!

Ciao

Roccia

hi roccia yeah don't make many quotes but ginger ask me to mention it because he's fed up of all the rumor's looking forward to seeing you in feb i'm coming over to pisa with him is march

see ya soon leon

Edited by Glawsters Best
Social source share

Top boy Leon! Bring my regards to Tony Rocco, and tell him he SHOULD make Pisa on March with you & Ginger...

I'll let you know the date for Pisa asap...

Social source share

Guest Glawsters Best

Top boy Leon! Bring my regards to Tony Rocco, and tell him he SHOULD make Pisa on March with you & Ginger...

I'll let you know the date for Pisa asap...

yeah will do i'm seeing tony tomorrow he want's to come because his family live close to pisa he was over in italy with amanda in october visting his dad pm me with your email i'll give it to him so you can keep in touch with him

cheers leon

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!