STEVENS & FOSTER "I Want To Be Love(d)"

Sunnysoul

The number of times people have posted this as a want and come up with a blank is amazing ?

Can't recall it on any dealers list in recent years and never seen on ebay (or popsike) although someone on here I'm sure will tell me otherwise.

Makes me think this is one VERY rare 45 ?

Anyone got one for sale ?

:thumbsup:

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 20
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The number of times people have posted this as a want and come up with a blank is amazing ?

Can't recall it on any dealers list in recent years and never seen on ebay (or popsike) although someone on here I'm sure will tell me otherwise.

I love this and haven't seen one about for ages. I've got it on a really old compilation lp called something original like Modern Soul (red and white cover) that's got loads of other top stuff like the Pages on it. Hope you find one...If I see one I'll let you know as I can't afford one no.gif

Social source share

Alright Reg me darlin It's on the Goldsoul So Soulful 70's CD, the one with the Black and Gold swirly cover. From memory, it's near the back end of CD 2. Along with that very nice 'Just Bobby' number

Jamie :thumbsup:

(p.s. I tried getting one on here about 12 months ago - not so much as a sniff.....)

Edited by Jamie
Social source share

I started getting CD's when I got a new company car. The swines did away with the old tape deck, and it was CD only. No choice really.

Then I got a Golf, which had both. So that was nice..... ....blah blah.........blah blah.........

.....Great tune though, and very difficult finding anyone wanting to part with one!

Social source share

Guest mel brat

I'm afraid it has turned out to be far harder to track down than I'd ever have imagined when I sold my copy cheap in 1989! (sob!), I bought it as a new release from Graham Warr's shop in Birmingham, C.April 1977. Of course, nobody was interested in the more obscure 70's dancers really, apart from us Mecca fans. My mate bought one also, but has long since sold it, along with Daybreak, Beloyd et.al.! (.80p each back then!) I haven't seen one for sale since. But £500 is far too rich for me, as much as I'd like it back! :wicked:

Social source share

Not sure how true this is but someone told me there were Boots of this 45 about,and was told

that the Originals have a "Sterling" matrix stamp in the runout,

think i got mine from Soul Bowl mid 80s less than a tenner back then :thumbsup:

Dave f..........

I didnt realise it was that popular to get booted?.Mind you I bet that means GoldSoul will have a lookey likey pre reissue promo 45 for a £10 with Tony troutman on the flip! sharpish.

Well just checked mine and it has a stamp as well as the scratched writing on the groove.I got mine given in 1990 from Mike Charlton.It must be legit I dont think that the demand for it at that time was high?.Great record It certainly has started to get played out more and more.I heard Soul Sam paid a lot for his copy of Butch.

Adam

Social source share

You mean there's more than one copy of Butch? I thought he was super-rare.

Sorry :shades:

You should be sorry Jason its terrible to pick up on grammatical errors in other peoples posts.

And it really wasnt that funny :rolleyes::wicked:

Social source share

I didnt realise it was that popular to get booted?.Mind you I bet that means GoldSoul will have a lookey likey pre reissue promo 45 for a £10 with Tony troutman on the flip! sharpish.

Adam

Adam i think it was mentioned on the old ANS site a few years back,

it was quite popular back in the early Modern days before the Northern boys highjacked certain tunes :shades::rolleyes::wicked:

Dave f.............

Social source share

Adam i think it was mentioned on the old ANS site a few years back,

it was quite popular back in the early Modern days before the Northern boys highjacked certain tunes :shades::rolleyes::wicked:

Dave f.............

I agree Dave regarding the hijacking.Funny I was under the impression that although it got sporadic plays it wasnt a Biggie at the time are we talking Mecca or mid late eighties?.Its one of those ones that my older mates always mention as "bought as a new release from Alan Fearnlys in Boro" Mine was Charlies spare £1.75 as new along with stuff like Heywood Cash issue on Epic,Bill Brandon "Streets" etc .Must be like the likes of the guys today buying up new releases like Martha Redbone,Sunshine band etc just a pity I cant get my head round most of the new stuff thats put out bit samey sounding bland beats etc and I dont get lifted by most Northern now as well so personally I am one of the middle scene freaks!.

Social source share

Well just checked mine and it has a stamp as well as the scratched writing on the groove.I got mine given in 1990 from Mike Charlton.It must be legit I dont think that the demand for it at that time was high?.Great record It certainly has started to get played out more and more.I heard Soul Sam paid a lot for his copy of Butch.

Adam

Has Stevens & Foster been in Sam's playlist of late ?

mellow.gif

Social source share