• Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Why Don't You Do Right - mark murphy - riverside

12606 refosoul

great record!! there are many, many FEMALE versions of this...the strange thing about murphy's version is the words take on an entirely different meaning when sung from a male point of view! it's no longer the standard western idea of a woman demanding her man go out and earn the bread, but a man demanding his woman go out and earn the bread, which of course puts things in an entirely different perspective and suggests a different sort of arrangement, shall we say....

Social source share

great record!! there are many, many FEMALE versions of this...the strange thing about murphy's version is the words take on an entirely different meaning when sung from a male point of view! it's no longer the standard western idea of a woman demanding her man go out and earn the bread, but a man demanding his woman go out and earn the bread, which of course puts things in an entirely different perspective and suggests a different sort of arrangement, shall we say....

I love Mark Murphy and never managed to get a copy of this before the price went daft..saw him at The Pizza On The Park a while back and he was great. I'll post another one of his up in a minute.

Social source share

Guest dudleysteve

done got over - bobby powell - whit

12824 refosoul

other side to Im Gonna Leave You

Steve

Edited by dudleysteve
Social source share

Bow 'N' Arrow - donald height - roulette

12862 refosoul

Nice cheapie that would probably be more at home on the R&B circuit than it was on the Northern

Social source share

New Orleans Woman - roy brown - bluesway

12863 refosoul

One of those that makes me think..how come I never heard this until recently ?

:shades: Jackie Wilson's mentor wasn't he ? certainly shows.

Think he spoilt his persona a bit when he started wearing that old pilots hat & multi coloured suit on stage though :ohmy:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!