Timillustrator

Car CD player

I'm changing my car and unfortunately the option to have a CD player is no longer included. I checked with them and they said it was OK to retro fit a CD and this would not invalidate the warranty but I suspect this will not work with the bluetooth phone etc. I have a stack of CD's and I know I could digitise them all and put them on memory sticks to play in the car but probably would never get round to doing this, it would take days. I used to have a small CD player and connect to the radio so I suppose that's an option but it was a fiddle - kept running out of batteries or you had to plug it into the cigarette lighter etc. Just wondered if anyone had any other great ideas?

4 minutes ago, Timillustrator said:

I'm changing my car and unfortunately the option to have a CD player is no longer included. I checked with them and they said it was OK to retro fit a CD and this would not invalidate the warranty but I suspect this will not work with the bluetooth phone etc. I have a stack of CD's and I know I could digitise them all and put them on memory sticks to play in the car but probably would never get round to doing this, it would take days. I used to have a small CD player and connect to the radio so I suppose that's an option but it was a fiddle - kept running out of batteries or you had to plug it into the cigarette lighter etc. Just wondered if anyone had any other great ideas?

Tim. Most car's have a auxiliary socket that you could plug a portable cd player into and play it through the car speakers or as you say retro fit one. I'm sure the wiring loom would be there to make it compatible with the entertainment system.  There's plenty of good auto electricians about who could advise you 

Steve 

Edited by Winsford Soul

Or you could transfer your cd's from computer to your phone really quickly or drop them onto an mp3 player / ipod and then play from your phone through the aux socket.

Copying cd's onto a laptop / desk top takes a bit of time but once they are on the computer you can transfer them quickly to other equipment.

What's putting me off is I reckon I may have about 1,000 CD's, it takes about 2 minutes to take them out of the case, put into the CD drive and transfer to the computer; that's about 34 hours, or if I was doing them 8 hours a day, about 4 days. 

I think I've still got a Kenwood CD/Radio with 6 CD box to go in the boot kicking around somewhere. Haven't used for years since all my later cars had a cd player in. Last used it worked fine and was a quality player. If any good to you...

On 07/11/2018 at 13:03, bbrich said:

I think I've still got a Kenwood CD/Radio with 6 CD box to go in the boot kicking around somewhere. Haven't used for years since all my later cars had a cd player in. Last used it worked fine and was a quality player. If any good to you...

Wow, thank you what a generous offer. I've still not committed but I may come back to you. Thanks again.

On 05/11/2018 at 20:21, Timillustrator said:

What's putting me off is I reckon I may have about 1,000 CD's, it takes about 2 minutes to take them out of the case, put into the CD drive and transfer to the computer; that's about 34 hours, or if I was doing them 8 hours a day, about 4 days. 

1 hour ago, Timillustrator said:

Wow, thank you what a generous offer. I've still not committed but I may come back to you. Thanks again.

If you want to pay my airfare over to the UK I'll come and do it for you 😀

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.