Harrogatesoul

• Replies 10
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Afternoon!

Been sent a tape with 'I'll Do Some Steppin On My Own ' from the LP Best Is Yet To Come. Unknown to me - Quite like it. Anyone any info on her , the LP? Cant seem to find anything about her or the LP.

ATB

Rich

Poor LP...also includes a cover of the Bessie Banks - hence the title - which isn't up to too much. More famous for her Wonder Woman track which if memory serves me is on the LP. And is also pants. Apart from that, don't know anything else about her.

Social source share

Poor LP...also includes a cover of the Bessie Banks - hence the title - which isn't up to too much. More famous for her Wonder Woman track which if memory serves me is on the LP. And is also pants. Apart from that, don't know anything else about her.

Sorry, gotta disagree with you there Jason!

'Steppin' is a killer track and the version of Bessie Banks ain't half bad either.

Don't want folks to get the wrong impression - worth it for those two tracks alone (and no, i ain't got any for sale!)

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Sorry, gotta disagree with you there Jason!

'Steppin' is a killer track and the version of Bessie Banks ain't half bad either.

Don't want folks to get the wrong impression - worth it for those two tracks alone (and no, i ain't got any for sale!)

Cheers

Steve

Steve, agree wid ya mate, "I Think I'll Do Some Steppin" is one of my all time modern fav's.... that intro is Awesome! IMO and her version of "Dont You Worry Baby" is pretty good too and I think it may be the original version! I bought the LP many moons ago, and have always wondered if "Steppin" ever came out on 45??

the LP is "The Best Is Yet To Come" on Olde World 7701

tracks are

"Look Out Sky"

I"ve Got Something Good"

"The First Time"

"Dont You Worry Baby"

"I Think Ill Do Some Steppin On My Own"

"Wonder Woman"

"Cant You Just See Me"

"Stay Here With Me"

it was released in 1977

hth

steve

ps. can send up a file of "steppin" track if any body interested!

Edited by Soul-Integrity
Social source share

if you're a Sandra Wright fan you're probably gonna like 'the last time' from this lp. there's at least 3 good reasons to buy the lp, ignore the hatters and the fact it contains 'wonder woman'. the four tops 'catfish' album contains 'disco daddy' but that hardly makes 'feel free' anything less than brilliant. people with agendas :shades:  

biggrin.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!