THE ORWELL - Friday 29th Dec - One room heaven

THE ORWELL

Friday 29th December 2006

Wigan Pier, Wigan

END OF YEAR KNEES UP

DJ's - SOUL SAM, STEVE PLUMB & STEVE CONNOR

GUEST DJ - MOLLY

Ending an excellent year for The Orwell on a high!

One Room 'Doin' what we do best' 70's Soul & Crossover with smatterings of quality Northern Soul

9pm til late (with 2 am bar)

A FIVER entrance

Visit www.soulmusic.co.uk/The_Orwell.htm for more info

Gonna be a big thing!

If you've been before you know you'll be guaranteed a great night!

If you've never been before we promise you THIS will be special!

STOP PRESS - Just been speaking to Andy McCabe from Soultown and he's confirmed that anyone who attends the Orwell on the 29th then goes on to the Middleton Civic Allniter after can get into the niter for just £8!!!! Sounds like a good deal to me!!!!!!!!

• Replies 35
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

doubly organised this time round....

hotel booked, babysitter sorted - it'll be our only night out over Christmas and New Year, and I can't wait. It'd better be good ors you'll have a mouthy Essex bird with a sulk on to deal with :thumbsup:

oh, and where are Flanny and tiny Mr Meleady from the line-up?

Guest recordman

Lord Barrance & The Flanmiester will not be available for this one due to family commitments over the Christmas period

It will be a great night, I know for a fact that several travellers have already booked into the local hotels in the area

As per SP's posting It will be a knees up with some great stuff going round on the night I'm already diggin em out

Bring yer dancing shoes .. You won't be disappointed :thumbsup:

Guest recordman

I disgracefully forgot to give a mention to the guest DJ on the night MOLLY the boys back and rightly so both he & The Flanmiester played a magnificent set last time

doubly organised this time round....

hotel booked, babysitter sorted - it'll be our only night out over Christmas and New Year, and I can't wait. It'd better be good ors you'll have a mouthy Essex bird with a sulk on to deal with :yes:

oh, and where are Flanny and tiny Mr Meleady from the line-up?

The last thing we want is a sulky mouthy Essex bird - believe me :shades:

We will put on a show for ya mate - no probs there :lol:

Cheers

Steve

Guest mark shepherd

AT LONG LAST, A CAR FULL HAS BEEN ROUNDED UP AND WE'LL BE WIGAN PIER BOUND ON THE 29TH

BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO A SPOT OF SOFT SHOE SHUFFLIN HERE, FOR A LONG TIME

MY DANCING TROUSERS HAVE BEEN TIGHTLY BUCKLED IN PREPARATION...... thumbsup.gif

AT LONG LAST, A CAR FULL HAS BEEN ROUNDED UP AND WE'LL BE WIGAN PIER BOUND ON THE 29TH

MY DANCING TROUSERS HAVE BEEN TIGHTLY BUCKLED IN PREPARATION...... thumbsup.gif

Nice one Mark thumbsup.gif

Spoke to Sam last night, he's well up for it and Molly's hot to trot too :D

Aye, you'll be doing a lot of shufflin'

See you next week

Steve

MY DANCING TROUSERS HAVE BEEN TIGHTLY BUCKLED IN PREPARATION...... :lol:

Keep an eye of that husband of mine. Kirsty has promised to, but I thought it would be more appropiate for you nice quiet sensible types from County Durham to :shades::(

Have a good un :D

A Service call! (bet you've never heard that one before :) )

Looking forward to see you both thumbsup.gif

Cheers

Steve

Hello Steve, we'll be expecting a '5 star service' when we get there (well i will... Phil's used to 3-4...)

Guest recordman

RIGHT THATS ME FINISHED FOR THE CHRISMAS & NEW YEAR HOLIDAYS

TIME TO GET THE WORD OUT ABOUT THE NEXT ORWELL EVENT

We Have Been Getting Some Good Feedback About People Who Are Coming To

The Orwell For Our SPECIAL SOULFULL CHRISTMAS KNEES UP

on FRIDAY 29th December

DJs MOLLY SOUL SAM STEVE PLUMB & STEVE CONNOR

If You're Looking For Great Night Out.... THIS IS THE ONE !

Been asked about local B & B's in Wigan for this coming Friday.

Here's the info.........

Cheers

Steve

LOCAL B & B's/HOTELS ALL WITHIN A TEN MINUTE TAXI RIDE

BAY HORSE ASHTON TEL. 01942 725032

PRIORY WOOD WIGAN 01942 211516

BELLINGHAM HOTEL 01942 243893

FORTE TRAVEL LODGE 01942 272055

QUALITY HOTEL 01942 826888

WHEATLEA PARK TRAVEL INN 01942 493469

MOAT HOUSE STANDISH 01257 499988

THE ORWELL

Wigan Pier, Wigan

END OF YEAR KNEES UP

GUEST DJ - MOLLY

One Room 'Doin' what we do best' 70's Soul & Crossover with smatterings of quality Northern Soul

A FIVER entrance

Gonna be a big thing!

STOP PRESS - Just been speaking to Andy McCabe from Soultown and he's confirmed that anyone who attends the Orwell on the 29th then goes on to the Middleton Civic Allniter after can get into the niter for just £8!!!! Sounds like a good deal to me!!!!!!!!

Only 6 days to go to this - an ideal Christmas night out methinks...........Looks set to be a goodie

Guest recordman

TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS WHEN ALL THROUGH THE HOUSE NOT CREATURE WAS STAIRING NOT EVEN A MOUSE..........ANYWAY ENOUGH ALREADY !!!

EVERYBODY HAVE GREAT CHRISTMAS

SEE YOU AT THE ORWELL ON FRIDAY 29th DECEMBER

FOR A CHRISTMAS KNEES UP TO REMEMBER

:thumbsup:

THE ORWELL

Wigan Pier, Wigan

END OF YEAR KNEES UP

GUEST DJ - MOLLY

A FIVER entrance

Gonna be a big thing!

Really looking forward to this one, always top tunes and seeing Molly behind the decks again is well worth the 250mls trip up from London. (in fact I'd travel a million miles to see Molly's face again when I remind him of what Neil's just acquired rolleyes.gif ) LOL

Oh my Days !!!!

Really looking forward to this one, always top tunes and seeing Molly behind the decks again is well worth the 250mls trip up from London. (in fact I'd travel a million miles to see Molly's face again when I remind him of what Neil's just acquired :wicked: ) LOL

Oh my Days !!!!

Nice one Dolly :shades:

I think it'd be nice to get young Neil playing th'Orwell room in 2007 - whatcha think? I'm sure he'd be up for a '70's only' set.......could be fun methinks :yes:

Cheers

Steve

Guest recordman

For Info Reasons Only

I'm Highlighting This Key Event

Planned For

FRIDAY 29th DECEMBER

THE ORWELL

WIGAN PIER WIGAN

01942-323036

PRESENTS

ON THE REAL SIDE SOUL SESSIONS

A CHRISTMAS KNEES UP

LOADS A GOOD TUNEAGE

GUARANTEED

DJ's MOLLY, STEVE PLUMB

SOUL SAM & STEVE CONNOR

I think it'd be nice to get young Neil playing th'Orwell room in 2007 - whatcha think? I'm sure he'd be up for a '70's only' set.......could be fun methinks :thumbsup:

Cheers

Steve

Steve,

That would be one gig I would LOVE to do!!! It just so happens that a few of my more recent acquisitions are aching for the right venue to be played in and The Orwell would fit the bill perfectly.

We'll be there early doors this Friday and really looking forward to another night of good company, excellent music and further additions to the wants list rolleyes.gif

Neil :thumbsup:

that would include the johnson family then Neil??

:secret:

Guest recordman

I think it'd be nice to get young Neil playing th'Orwell room in 2007 - whatcha think? I'm sure he'd be up for a '70's only' set.......could be fun methinks :thumbsup:

Cheers

Steve

Steve,

That would be one gig I would LOVE to do!!! It just so happens that a few of my more recent acquisitions are aching for the right venue to be played in and The Orwell would fit the bill perfectly.

We'll be there early doors this Friday and really looking forward to another night of good company, excellent music and further additions to the wants list rolleyes.gif

To Quote Al HUDSON..... We Must Make It Happen !!

that would include the johnson family then Neil??

:secret:

Aint picked up that one yet but there are one or two very nice pieces (if I say so myself) that are bursting out of the box. I'm still awaiting delivery of one in particular and praying that it shows up in time for Sunday night.

Fourth Day is one that has been played repeatedly since Xmas Day (thanx Dolly!) along with a coupla others.

Aint picked up that one yet but there are one or two very nice pieces (if I say so myself) that are bursting out of the box. I'm still awaiting delivery of one in particular and praying that it shows up in time for Sunday night.

Fourth Day is one that has been played repeatedly since Xmas Day (thanx Dolly!) along with a coupla others.

Neil :unsure:

'Fourth Day' a recent spin for Butch at t'Orwell sounding bloody good as well

have a good un tonite Matey - looks set to be a top night

Edited by BazM