soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 3
  • Views 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Dave, 

Are you sure this actually exists? The request caught my attention as I recall this being the only decent track on the LP and I've never seen it on a UK 7 or 12 myself. It's not on Discogs and I just checked all 3 volumes of the UK Music Master catalogues that I have from the period and there's no reference to it there either. 

Martin

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Hi Martin 

I have got the TMG 1375  Mad in the Middle  7" (£4.00) and DJ (£5) from Manship's  UK price guide, as far as I am aware John does not get a lot wrong, I He puts if it is unreleased in his guides and this entry has nothing to say so.

Like you I was thinking maybe it may not exist as I have been unable to source it.

Maybe someone on here must have a copy if it exists or know if it was ever released on a UK 7".

Thanks for the reply.

Daven

Social source share

Hi Dave,

When I consider the collections I bought between 1991 and 2010, for me to have never come across a UK release, suggests that it never existed, especially as we are talking both 7" and 12". If it was one or the other I'd remain optimistic, but not both. Many of those collections were from people who were getting sent everything, names withheld for obvious reasons. Also as it's the only really decent track on the LP one should also consider were any top DJ's playing it off a single release, if they were then surely they would have it play listed near the back of the relevant Blues and Soul issues? If you haven't got the B&S's let me know and I will check for you, I have every copy from the 80's.

Unless someone has physical evidence to suggest otherwise then I have no reason to believe it exists. At present I don't even own as many as 10 records (not including acetates) that aren't on Discogs, there's only 2 I can think of immediately that haven't made it, but they are on labels that are so obscure that it doesn't surprise me. On the basis of that, it's unlikely a Motown release from the 80's would still be missing from the site. I've also PM'ed you.

Martin

Social source share