Mike

What I Want  

1. 1. Which version does it for you?

• The Precisions
    • Gloria Taylor

This poll is closed to new votes

• Sign in or join to vote
  • Poll closed on 19/11/18 at 19:00

This weeks battle is courtesy of a suggestion via Mal aka @Mal C his intro follows below...

It might be a short one but the Dale Warren song ‘what I want’ by the Precisions on Drew and later by Gloria Taylor on Selector Sound, two very different versions of a brilliantly underrated song, now! It’s not a massive sound but it’s an interesting vote on a lesser talked about but brilliant song

The Precisions - What I want

Gloria Taylor - What I want

Could do with some more suggestions for the 'battle' list, so if you do have then as always feel free to pm me them

Going again for a week long poll for this one, so voice your choice and post your view asp

gloria-taylor.jpg precisions-what-i-want.jpg

Social source share

1 hour ago, mike said:

This weeks battle is courtesy of a suggestion via Mal aka @Mal C his intro follows below...

It might be a short one but the Dale Warren song ‘what I want’ by the Precisions on Drew and later by Gloria Taylor on Selector Sound, two very different versions of a brilliantly underrated song, now! It’s not a massive sound but it’s an interesting vote on a lesser talked about but brilliant song

The Precisions - What I want

Gloria Taylor - What I want

Could do with some more suggestions for the 'battle' list, so if you do have then as always feel free to pm me them

Going again for a week long poll for this one, so voice your choice and post your view asp

gloria-taylor.jpg precisions-what-i-want.jpg

Don't know if it's already been done,how about the ojays versus the metros on I'll never forget you. Chris. 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Wow, pretty one sided vote, I went with Precisions obviously but Gloria’s version I thought just illustrates what a great song it is, that and we love Dale Warren !!! 

Took me a while to get Gloria’s 45 it’s s hard one, but it will turn up if you know what I mean. remember speaking to Bobo (Bob Abrahamian) about it on here, he was genuinely surprised it was considered rare...

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!