For the same price as Amy Winehouse

jocko

Larry Saunders - Free Angela - yes that album but re-issued on CD (hopefully by the original dudes!) and available on cdbaby.com, most will be familiar from the original LP with the rare Dickie Wonder and Little Tommy but also a couple of great Curtis Mayfield influenced tracks by Larry himself and some great political soul from Mr Wiggles/Larry and bizarrely Oscar Wright - Leave Me Alone, is that on original album??

Not advocating the DJ's rush out for their playlists but if like me you dont care how you hear great music in the comfort of your own gin soaked armchair, then buy this and hopefully put a few bob in some deserving soul mans pocket.

Cheers

Jock

PS promise no more Amy Winehouse quips, being the one that started the original heckling I must admit I have not even heard her album, which I will try and rectify, for free if possible!!!

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Larry Saunders - Free Angela - yes that album but re-issued on CD (hopefully by the original dudes!) and available on cdbaby.com, most will be familiar from the original LP with the rare Dickie Wonder and Little Tommy but also a couple of great Curtis Mayfield influenced tracks by Larry himself and some great political soul from Mr Wiggles/Larry and bizarrely Oscar Wright - Leave Me Alone, is that on original album??

Not advocating the DJ's rush out for their playlists but if like me you dont care how you hear great music in the comfort of your own gin soaked armchair, then buy this and hopefully put a few bob in some deserving soul mans pocket.

Cheers

Jock

PS promise no more Amy Winehouse quips, being the one that started the original heckling I must admit I have not even heard her album, which I will try and rectify, for free if possible!!!

Greetings Jock,

Not too excited by Amy Winehouse, but Larry Saunders now yer talking.

I would suggest that this would make an ideal Christmas present! So I've just got one for my Auntie Gladys. Superb album and a great site. You even get to e-mail Larry himself.

Your right about the non "Northern" stuff on the album. Larry's "Where did peace go" is as fresh and as meaningful as ever. And if you are a bit of a softy sounds a bit christmasy in a John Lennon kinda way. Not that I'm interested in Christmas you hear.

A top tip.

Cheers mate

Alan

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!