It's Crossover Thursday Again

Guest rachel

• Replies 36
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Love Of A Lifetime - positive change - feck'n pricey album or cheap expansion reissue seven

12630 refosoul

Top double header from Expansion on their 'Special Reserve' series. Perfect 70s.

Social source share

Living The Life - trammmmps - lp track

12632 refosoul

As with the Tavares, more to this band than the commercial disco stuff. Love this Detroit Spinners impression from them, top 70s dancer imho.

Social source share

SOMEBODY LOVE SYOU - jackie moore - kayvette

12635 refosoul

Nice tune first time Ive heard this version very good but I think the Bunny Sigler version just edges it for me but maybe this one will grow on me. Is it 45,lp?.

There is also another version but the name escapes me the lable has playing cards on I think.

Social source share

Nice tune first time Ive heard this version very good but I think the Bunny Sigler version just edges it for me but maybe this one will grow on me. Is it 45,lp?.

There is also another version but the name escapes me the lable has playing cards on I think.

its the other side of her version of make me yours isnt it

mark

Social source share

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(mark.b @ Dec 14 2006, 06:38 PM) link
how much is the album rodger

mark

The last time I saw it for sale Mark was in Soul Brother, 4 or 5 years ago, and they had it at £350. I found one on the internet for 35 dollars around the same time but like an idiot let it go in a trade. Been kicking myself ever since as I've never come across another one for sale. :rolleyes: Expansion reissued the album on CD and put the best two tracks out on the seven.

Social source share

Hello Roger

I bought the Positive Change off ebay 2 weeks ago, worked out including registered post at just under £140.

There was also a copy only a few weeks before which if i remember correct sold for £90ish, i didn't bother bidding as the condition looked terrible.

Hi John

I think you also have to take into account Soul Brother's often extremely inflated prices. I sold a Magnetic Touch LP the other week on ebay for just over 50 quid and they've got it on their list for £150!! Must be honest I haven't looked for a Positive Change LP for a long time, I'm happy with the CD reissue as I try to not pay daft prices for vinyl any more, I've got rid of most of my big money LP's now and spent the proceeds on CD's and any LP's I do buy off there now are all between 2 and 10 quid tops - if I was spending £140 these days mate I'd want at the VERY least 20 records for that!! :rolleyes:

Cheers

Roger

Social source share

It's A Sweet Love - donnie, fonnie & la vorn - trump

12646 refosoul

Not seen any references to this - it's a promo - "recorded in Memphis" - and the Donnie & Fonnie have the surname Harley. Production is credited to Tommy Cogbill, bass player at Fame (he played on Aretha's Respect apparently)

Social source share

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(mark.b @ Dec 14 2006, 06:42 PM) link
its the other side of her version of make me yours isnt it

mark

=====================

Certainly is! Kayvette 5129 - Somebody Loves You b/w Make Me Yours. Probably the one of hers on Kayvette you dont see as often as the others. But still should be picked up reasobaly cheap. Great artist and a great little label to collect.

Rich

Social source share

QUOTE(mark.b @ Dec 14 2006, 06:41 PM) link

i like this is it cd or vynil

mark

https://www.gemm.com/item/WASABEE/THIS--IS-...E/GML872360461/      SOLD://https://www.gemm.com/item/WASABEE/TH...    SOLD://https://www.gemm.com/item/WASABEE/TH...    SOLD

on a 12", the copy i have for sale is mint. it also came out a few cd comps later on. the b-side is really nice 'on a clear day' (i bought it when it came out for the b-side then flipped it over). the b-side is extremely influenced by the peddlers version.

Just sold the 12" above but if anyone else wants a copy I have one with the 'this is what you are' as playing perfect but the b-side intro has a click (respect to crazybeats gazza dennis who i lent it to to play out the a-side and it came back with the b-side scratched :thumbsup: ) its £5

cheers Paul

Edited by Sutty
Social source share

Guest mrs norman maine

Fancy Free - mary wells - atco

12641 refosoul Lovely, lovely, lovely.

Yet another fave. Thank you Blake, for cheering me up no end (see freebasing if you want more info......)

Now, as my favourite work colleague always says..... "deep breath....and....... in with anger, out with love...." biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest Karen Heath

Lovely, lovely, lovely.

Yet another fave. Thank you Blake, for cheering me up no end (see freebasing if you want more info......)

Now, as my favourite work colleague always says..... "deep breath....and....... in with anger, out with love...." :rolleyes:

And relaaaaaaaax...with the "a" pronounced "ah"

I think that work colleague is probably the one that's let's say, unobtainable i.e quite musical? shhh.gif

Social source share

Go to our latest Auction additions:

Listen to the Tony Borders on Quinvy absolutely unbelievably godsmackin' tune! Northerbn Soul crossover at it's very finest!

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/auction/all-auction

Tell me if I'm wrong!

===========

Your not wrong John! The label - The Artist - The Song. 100% (IMHO) southern cookin marriage perfection!

Now if the lottery comes in tonight .... Oh and the Ernest Baker too....

ATB

Rich

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!