News: Jamie Records and the Oscars - Green Book Film Soundtrack

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 04/12/2018 at 22:02, jamguy said:

Frank from Jamie here: Thanks a lot for the support. Watch out for our series of compilations due out in Winter/Spring of 2019!

Terrific news from the Golden Globes Frank! The film scored 3 winners:

Mahershala Ali for Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture

Music or Comedy Motion Picture

Screenplay of a Motion Picture

and along with that two nominees:

Viggo Mortensen for Actor in a Musical of Comedy Film

Peter Farrelly for Director of a Motion Picture

Can't wait to see this film. Any new on the Winter/Spring compilations you refer to and maybe for  a special 45 release of an unreleased track from the compilations?

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

according to the below the soundtrack wasn't eligible for an 'best soundtrack oscar'

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/race/oscars-academy-rules-green-book-ineligible-best-original-score-1167324

Green Book, Peter Farrelly's period-piece dramedy about the black concert pianist Don Shirley (Oscar winner Mahershala Ali) and his less cultured white driver Tony Lip (Oscar nominee Viggo Mortensen), is likely to land a bunch of Oscar nominations, and maybe even a few wins.

But best original score will not be one of them.

Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that original music accounts for only about 25 minutes of the film. The rest of it takes cues from pre-existing songs.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Shufflin

We went to see the film on the weekend, I don't understand the artsey snobbery around the film it was really enjoyable

nice it featured a Northern track

Edited by Shufflin
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
18 minutes ago, seano said:

still haven't seen the film

think Blues Brothers crossed with It's A Wonderful Life, then add in nice Italian tough guys and their family  🙂

Edited by Shufflin
Social source share

I saw Green Book a couple of weeks ago at Stratford and really enjoyed it. I know there's some controversy about its accuracy but how many movies based on true stories are really factual? 

The soundtrack was really good, I'd like to see a list of the tracks played as there were quite a few I didn't recognise.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

4 minutes ago, Geoff said:

I saw Green Book a couple of weeks ago at Stratford and really enjoyed it. I know there's some controversy about its accuracy but how many movies based on true stories are really factual? 

The soundtrack was really good, I'd like to see a list of the tracks played as there were quite a few I didn't recognise.

It's the soundtrack that got my interest, good to hear it lives up to the promise.

Social source share

8 minutes ago, Geoff said:

there's a link to a list in freebasing

hang on

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!