1. 1. Which version does it for you?

• The Jackey Beavers Show ‎
    • Continental Showstoppers
    • The Camero's
    • Karen Striblin

This poll is closed to new votes

• Sign in or join to vote
  • Poll closed on 02/12/18 at 18:25

The latest battle is one which could be a tricky one if you don't already have firm views as this time around we have 4 versions all a bit different...

All you have to do is listen, that's the easiest bit, then select which one does it for you...

The Jackey Beavers Show ‎– We're Not Too Young To Fall In Love 

Continental Showstoppers ‎– Not Too Young

The Camaro's ‎– We're Not Too Young (To Fall In Love) 

Karen Striblin ‎– We're Not Too Young (To Fall In Love)

poll-choice.jpg

As always views, takes , reasons, background, trivia, connected/related stories all most welcome...

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Before the internet days I was curious to hear the rare and then "hyped" Camaro's... Owning Jackey Beavers version that I always loved for it's raw, spontaneous and desperate teen plea with energy, I was rather disappointed the day I finally got to hear the Camaro's version which have none of those original characteristics.

As for the Continental Showstoppers it leaves me rather cold as it's just not my kind of stuff. But for those who do, it's a well done treatment IMHO. And the Karen Stribbling misses it all evidently. Yet I do know folks who like and even seek that "Lo-Fi" in there. So for different reasons, each of these 4 sides do have their "crowd".

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Camaro's (just) for me, the first version I heard - had it on a tape from 1991 Yarmouth weekender radio show (Butch?) and remember listening to it totally frazzled on the coach back to Manchester.

HOWEVER a very close call, also love Continental Showstoppers, a real powerhouse that the youtube clip above doesn't do justice to. Surprised not more takers for that version - here's better audio to give it a leg up:-

• Up vote 1
Social source share

It's all over now

Results go like this...

The Jackey Beavers Show  36%

Continental Showstopper  23%

The Camero's  38%

Karen Striblin  4%

which means that the most selected version is...

thanks to all who took part in the votes and the talk

a close result, any views on the results?

myself expected the  CS version to do better but there you go...

Social source share

Not so surprised by the general score and the Camaro's 2 extra leading votes (the rarer one).

Loving the "rare" soul scene, I have also come to understand that is not always the "better" that takes it all.

Although to me it's only second to first and not even on the same 'sides' (lover come back) so not such a big deal either.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!