Little Richie on Manship

Liamgp

6 minutes ago, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

Did anyone note what the Talmadge Armstrong white demo went for?   Vaguely thought it was due to finish next Wednesday...

As I’ve remarked before, the buyer of these big-ticket records is very wealthy and does not consider the cost of them as most of us would do. Only a person with vast wealth can spend like this.

It’s buyers like this that inflate record prices for us lesser mortals. 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

At least John usually only auctions 45's with some degree of rarity or provenance.

If you want to see some real eye watering prices (they beggar belief) for sounds which are definitely not rare or auction contenders look at some other well known dealer's current auction list. Most of the sounds are available elsewhere at set-sale prices at a massive discount. Who are these people bidding on such 45's, or are they just lazy about comparing availability on other well known and used sites.

Social source share

7 minutes ago, vadnochka said:

At least John usually only auctions 45's with some degree of rarity or provenance.

If you want to see some real eye watering prices (they beggar belief) for sounds which are definitely not rare or auction contenders look at some other well known dealer's current auction list. Most of the sounds are available elsewhere at set-sale prices at a massive discount. Who are these people bidding on such 45's, or are they just lazy about comparing availability on other well known and used sites.

Totally agree I wasn’t having a go at John , bought , sold and traded with him in the past, it was the record I was referring to , yes some other dealers sites are ridiculous regarding auction items!

Social source share

On 28/11/2018 at 08:42, LiamGP said:

Just looked at the auction on JM's and...£1714 for Little Richie with a week to go!

Amazed to see the prices are still going mad on Manship's.

Really, who is willing to pay this much?

The third highest bidder, currently, has a bid of 'only' £751.

All of the rest (almost a grand) has been a fight between just two bidders, in the last three days.

Social source share

18 hours ago, FRANKIE CROCKER said:

Did anyone note what the Talmadge Armstrong white demo went for?   Vaguely thought it was due to finish next Wednesday...

As I’ve remarked before, the buyer of these big-ticket records is very wealthy and does not consider the cost of them as most of us would do. Only a person with vast wealth can spend like this.

£511 https://www.facebook.com/groups/JohnManship/search/?query=Talmadge&epa=SEARCH_BOX

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 28/11/2018 at 19:30, Colnago said:

some other dealers sites are ridiculous regarding auction items!

They all are. Everyone is auctioning common records these days. Its the new trendy thing to do , the more they go for the more commission is earned, then some people think that's the going rate.  But people in the real world who have values and principles know different.  

Steve 

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

10 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

They all are. Everyone is auctioning common records these days. Its the new trendy thing to do , the more they go for the more commission is earned, then some people think that's the going rate.  But people in the real world who have values and principles know different.  

Steve 

Yes of course Steve , but I look at one certain dealers site and wonder how he differentiates what should be auctioned, his set sale list has titles that  are more desirable than the auction items ! I can’t work that one out . 

Drew 

Edited by Colnago
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, Colnago said:

Yes of course Steve , but I look at one certain dealers site and wonder how he differentiates what should be auctioned, his set sale list has titles that  are more desirable than the auction items ! I can’t work that one out . 

Drew 

Maybe he is auctioning things for others who have asked for them to be auction items.

Let's face it John could probably get a grand for a mint demo of Black Pudding Bertha, obviously in it's birth sleeve.

Edited by Kegsy
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

On 30/11/2018 at 09:17, Kegsy said:

Maybe he is auctioning things for others who have asked for them to be auction items.

Let's face it John could probably get a grand for a mint demo of Black Pudding Bertha, obviously in it's birth sleeve.

Why should nt people auction what records they want if someone s willing to bid so much that s up to them and the copies sold by John r in good condition some people try to sell records in any state saw a stateside demo of This Diamond Ring that looked as if it been left out in the rain priced at £180

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Top bid removed. According to JM:

'PLEASE NOTE we have removed the leading bid as we are unable to confirm the bidders identity.

e.g. Telephone # not in service.

The bid reverts to the leading before (***** @jbem*.***) bid.. if this person is real, please contact John on 01664 464991 to have your bid reinstated.

As you have no bidding history with us, and your phone is not in service, the integrity of this auction is paramount.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.'

Oh, the intrigue!

Social source share

23 minutes ago, LiamGP said:

Top bid removed. According to JM:

'PLEASE NOTE we have removed the leading bid as we are unable to confirm the bidders identity.

e.g. Telephone # not in service.

The bid reverts to the leading before (***** @jbem*.***) bid.. if this person is real, please contact John on 01664 464991 to have your bid reinstated.

As you have no bidding history with us, and your phone is not in service, the integrity of this auction is paramount.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.'

Oh, the intrigue!

Final bid was a £1242.00  :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Yep, they seemed to sort out the ID question!

Final prices:

Little Richie - £1242
Joyce Bond - £178
Richard Temple - £373
Marion Stewart - £263
Erroll Dixon - £187
Tempests - £250
Main Change - £451
Art Wheeler and the Revels - £113
Troy Dodds - £800
Jesse Fisher - £182
Major Harris - £507
Michael & Raymond - £160
Roy Handy - £122
Sam & Kitty - £312
Mary Love - £517
Ann Heywood - £210

Still too much for Little Richie though...

Edited by LiamGP
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, David Moore said:

One for sale on discogs for a grand  and that s the asking price not the result of an auction also see Try My Love went for £800 surely the average collector can t  afford these prices unless there selling records from their collections to raise the. Cash 

I'm intrigued ! Could you please describe what an "average collector"  looks and sounds like ?!

Edited by sunnysoul
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!