Magpie69

Charade Rotherham

The wife always reminisces about her nights at the Charade club which was at Stag roundabout. This was in its early days in the late sixties/early seventies when Mick Bradford managed it and Dave Grownds was a DJ. She often wonders what happened to all the other regulars. Having got back into the northern scene in the last couple of years, she’s surprised she hasn’t bumped into her contemporaries. Any old Charaders out there?

Used to be a Cleggy bus pick up in rovrum. Sure it was at Charades. Steve DJ, Leslie, Carlo, Stan, etc. Big lad who Married Wendy from Conisbrough, and a youth with black curly hair who could spin for England.

Assembly rooms bang on around 76. Derek Sheldon...Big record 'our sandi' and Jeanette white ' music'.

Happy days..

Ed

The lad who could spin for England used to drive a mini that we went to Wigan in and his sister ran the cafe in the old outdoor market. Spent many happy hours in that cafe on a Saturday and Sunday mornings after leaving Adam n Eve's. For the life of me I can't remember his name tho and its bugging the life out of me but boy could he spin. Carlo Naylor is a mate from my School days.  I have no idea who the Big lad is off the top of my head.

Had some great times with those lads.

Edited by Majy

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.