No Alcohol License Function - Would You Attend?

Just going back to the issue to DJ's playing to the crowd, I suddenly remembered this. Many years ago a friend who did hospital radio asked me to take his spots for two weeks whilst he was on holiday. Most of the material needed was already in house but he said it was okay to bring anything appropriate of my own. I therefore opened each of the shows with this track from their monumental 2nd LP. I'm not sure how well it went down.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

>early 70's to mid 80's soul funk jazz fusion, early 2000's soulful house, and some reggae

Personally, I don't think the alcohol issue or finishing time would be your main problem - it's a playlist which tries to cover too many bases. As the old expression goes, you can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people all of the time... I think trying to second guess what young people like is a tricky business - and sadly, most young folk don't really want to hang out with a bunch of old fogeys anyway. Just my experience...

Social source share

Can we close this thread please as the question regarding the main issue alcohol, has been answered well and I'm glad to see that so many people would not be deterred from attending a function on that basis. Thanks

Social source share

2 hours ago, Martin S said:

Can we close this thread please as the question regarding the main issue alcohol, has been answered well and I'm glad to see that so many people would not be deterred from attending a function on that basis. Thanks

have just closed for you but do be aware that members can close their own topics as per recent added faq

though do note this bit

It is expected that when they do close a topic to avoid any misunderstandings and out of respect to members who may have contributed that members do post up that they have closed it and the reason/s why closed/locked

cheers

mike

Social source share