Jump to content
  • Sign Up
Ged Murray's profile photo

Northern Soul & Motown Venues California

All About the SOUL Ged Murray

 
Posted

My wife, myself and some friends are travelling to San Diego, LA and San Francisco in 2019 and would love to visit any recommended music venues playing Norther Soul / Motown music any suggestions appreciated 

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)

Have a word with Leo, on here as ljblanken. He's been over here a couple of times with his wife and a mate. They did the 100 Club and Crossfire and I believe they have something going in LA.

- Kev

edit..... I see you're a brand new member. Welcome to soul source. I'll message Leo and maybe he'll contact you or respond to the thread. Good Luck.

Edited by KevinKent

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

There was a thread earlier this year about events in the Bay area. Enjoy your trip. I did a similar one last year and loved SF and San Diego in particular.

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

I don't know anything about SoCal.... SF has events like Sweater Funk and Alcatraz Soul Club. I think they spin at venues like the Beauty Bar and St Mary's Pub.

there is member on here called "themichael" who is way more knowledgable about the current SF scene than I am (he is connected to Alcatraz).

For some reason I am better connected to the New York scene right now than SF ... I'm actually sitting in a NYC hotel room right now, about to DJ in a few hours in Brooklyn (if anyone is in NYC tonight, we'll be spinning at the Hard Times bar in Bushwick!)

 

 

   

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
On 30/11/2018 at 08:18, Ged Murray said:

My wife, myself and some friends are travelling to San Diego, LA and San Francisco in 2019 and would love to visit any recommended music venues playing Norther Soul / Motown music any suggestions appreciated 

Mate, if you ever return to the site and this post, remember this:

When you ask for suggestions and people make the effort to try and help you out, then it's to be expected that you will at least bother to check for responses. Anything else is just taking the p!ss.

- Kev

  • Up vote 2

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)
On 30/11/2018 at 00:18, Ged Murray said:

My wife, myself and some friends are travelling to San Diego, LA and San Francisco in 2019 and would love to visit any recommended music venues playing Norther Soul / Motown music any suggestions appreciated 

Contact me. I live in Oakland and have been producing events in California & Bay Area for years. I can help you with venues/soul clubs along the West Coast. Depending on when you are visiting, there are a few monthly soul nights that might work out (including, Alcatraz and Sweater Funk). 

Edited by MissCherryBomb
  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
On ‎03‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 21:03, KevinKent said:

Mate, if you ever return to the site and this post, remember this:

When you ask for suggestions and people make the effort to try and help you out, then it's to be expected that you will at least bother to check for responses. Anything else is just taking the p!ss.

- Kev

Kev,

I am sorry I have not responded but did not see your response until today which is the first time I have logged onto Soul Source since I posted my request in November.  I had assumed responses would come via e mail.  I am not vert savvy with forum type contact.  Today is the first time I have logged onto Soul Source since posting my initial request for assistance.   Anyhow thank you for taking the time to respond.

We have decided just to arrive in each of the west coast cities and see what we can find there.  Not very organised I know.

Thanks to those people who did post a reply which I have seen today. 

Ged  

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 19:18, MissCherryBomb said:

Contact me. I live in Oakland and have been producing events in California & Bay Area for years. I can help you with venues/soul clubs along the West Coast. Depending on when you are visiting, there are a few monthly soul nights that might work out (including, Alcatraz and Sweater Funk). 

Hi Apologies I have only just seen your post from last December. 

Our travel dates are 29 & 30 May San Diego

31 May & 1 June are LA

4, 5 & 6 June San Francisco

Thanks

Ged

Share this source music forum post


soul source url

All About the SOUL - Source Forum

Jump into the northern soul music & beyond talk now!

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!
Log into Soul Source

Get max use of the forums

Log in now!

Source Adverts



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.