Spain pete

l'm getting sick of 2(two)

Sick to death of buying products that have not increased in price but have less  for the same money  my favorite apple tarts have just been reduced from 250 gram to 190 grams yet the price has stayed the same if they had gone up in price  l might  have thought twice about buying them, thing is the packet is the same size and you don't realize till you get home that you've been had over  any one else out there been ROBBED of their hard earned dough ? 

It happens all the time here Pete.

I like Italian Lager - a lot.

When we were in Sicliy last year it was 99c a 660ml bottle - at home it was 3 bottles for £5 which wasn't terrible at all.

Since then it's never been that price again although it's still 99c in Italy.

Since 2016 we've seen a lot of imported stuff go up in price or go down in quantity (the same thing).

14 minutes ago, timbo58 said:

It happens all the time here Pete.

I like Italian Lager - a lot.

When we were in Sicliy last year it was 99c a 660ml bottle - at home it was 3 bottles for £5 which wasn't terrible at all.

Since then it's never been that price again although it's still 99c in Italy.

Since 2016 we've seen a lot of imported stuff go up in price or go down in quantity (the same thing).

Thank god a pint is a pint surely they can't fiddle that unless they put the price up 

14 hours ago, Spain pete said:

Thank god a pint is a pint surely they can't fiddle that unless they put the price up 

Unless of course it is 0.568 litres, as it is in continental Europe. Actually what is perceived as a pint glass in say Spain is more likely 0.5 litre, slightly less than a pint.

Edited by Kegsy

15 hours ago, Spain pete said:

Sick to death of buying products that have not increased in price but have less  for the same money  my favorite apple tarts have just been reduced from 250 gram to 190 grams yet the price has stayed the same if they had gone up in price  l might  have thought twice about buying them, thing is the packet is the same size and you don't realize till you get home that you've been had over  any one else out there been ROBBED of their hard earned dough ? 

You could always make your own. You can have "mega apple tarts", make them as big as you like! They'll be cheaper too🤔, and nicer!!  😊

32 minutes ago, Kegsy said:

Unless of course it is 0.568 litres, as it is in continental Europe. Actually what is perceived as a pint glass in say Spain is more likely 0.5 litre, slightly less than a pint.

I can just about live with that at €1.50 a  pint  its one thing those Continental chappies have got right 🤣

Wagon Wheels have shrunk by 12%.  In the 1980's the diameter was reduced from 79mm to 74mm.

Australian Wagon Wheels are bigger than British Wagon Wheels, with a diameter of 88mm.  However, British Wagon Wheels are 4mm thicker, but the Aussie version has a 20% greater mass overall.

I wonder if Antipodean tea cups are wider to accommodate this.  I know their mouths are.

Edited by Steve S 60

11 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

Wagon Wheels have shrunk by 12%.  In the 1980's the diameter was reduced from 79mm to 74mm.

Australian Wagon Wheels are bigger than British Wagon Wheels, with a diameter of 88mm.  However, British Wagon Wheels are 4mm thicker, but the Aussie version has a 20% greater mass overall.

I wonder if Antipodean tea cups are wider to accommodate this.  I know their mouths are.

Shocking !!!!!!, that would never have happened if we had retained feet and inches. Perhaps they now fit in a 0.5 lire glass.

The second sentence sounds reminiscent of "on the whole a woman has more hair".

Edited by Kegsy

6 minutes ago, shufflin said:

what they've done in shrinking Pringles packet size is a national disgrace, won't buy them on principle now, worse than Brexit

I'd blame the EU.  The nearest Pringles factory to the UK is in Belgium.

I'm convinced that when PG tips changed  to pyramid tea bags their tea became weaker of course when l enquired about this they denied they were putting less tea into the bag even though they removed the weight of tea from the outer  box   , daylight robbery  ! Or what ! 

6 hours ago, Spain pete said:

I'm convinced that when PG tips changed  to pyramid tea bags their tea became weaker of course when l enquired about this they denied they were putting less tea into the bag even though they removed the weight of tea from the outer  box   , daylight robbery  ! Or what ! 

They had to reduce the chimpanzees' caffeine intake.

6 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

I'd blame the EU.  The nearest Pringles factory to the UK is in Belgium.

I'm not surprised, it's all an anti-UK conspiracy to make us less fat, even so the Pringles thing is not acceptable

Edited by shufflin

56 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

I may be wrong, but the schoolboy in this advert looks fully grown.....

Such a low price, brought back a weird schoolboy memory, there was a husband and wife teacher couple with the unfortunate surname of Moose in the village, and we used to taunt them by chanting "mousses are 8p", didn't make a lot of sense then, and is probably the banality of my life that makes it funny today.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.