Various quality soul 45s for sale - Northern, modern, deep etc.

Guest Cbrodsjo

Guest Cbrodsjo

Just been digging through some old boxes of various soul 7" and have a mixed bag of 60s/70s/80s I want to sell. Some rare and obscure, some oldies, some cheap. You can probably find sound files on YouTube of most of the records. 

Been away from the collecting game for many years, so don't really know what everything is worth nowadays. Just drop me a PM with a fair offer if anything looks interesting or give me an offer for the lot (if there are any dealer types out there, I'd be happy to sell it really cheap as a batch as I really dislike going to the post office... ). 

All VG+/VG++, unless otherwise stated (see grading system I lifted from an eBay seller). 

• Collette Kelly "City of fools" (Volt) - Wdj
  • The Exits "Under the street lamp / You've got to have money" (Gemini)
  • Eddie Parker "I need a true love / Crying clown" (Trippel B) - Signed by Eddie Parker with a thin pen on ballad side label
  • Robert Moore "Tears of the world" (Blue Candle)
  • The Groove "Love (it's getting better)" (20th Century-Fox) - WDJ
  • Oliver Norman "Drowning in my own despair" (Decca) - Pink promo
  • Otis Clay "You hurt me for the last time" (Dakar) - Wdj
  • Nikk "Hard times" (House of Roton) - Excellent "funky" modern soul dancer & probably quite rare?
  • Lee Porter "Bad situation" (Michal) - Excellent funky real soul dancer 
  • The Mellow Fellows "My baby needs me" (Dot)
  • The True Tones "He's got the nerve" (Josie) - wdj
  • El Anthony "We've been in love too long" (La Cindy) - only VG- visually, but plays strong. What a record!
  • (The creations) "Peek a boo / Cookie and Candie" (Virtue acetate) -Excellent sweet soul. Not sure if this is the same version that was released on Liberty Bell or not, but sounds like slightly different mix
  • Sister's love "Give me your love" (Damon acetate) - VG- Sounds like a really early take of this classic modern dancer, but the sound quality is a bit poor (like a very rough "demo take"). Still very interesting for collectors, I would assume.
  • Kings go forth "One day" (Mr. C's) - Excellent dancer released 10 years ago or so, and probably hard to find these days
  • The Original Cadillacs "I'll never let you go" (Josie)
  • The Fabulous Peps "With these eyes" (Wee 3)
  • Betty Harris "Mean man" (Sansu)
  • James Taylor "Love with hope" (Ovide)
  • Four Flights "All I want is you" (Almeria)
  • Larry McGree Revolution "The burg" (Boogie Band)
  • The Masters of Music "Troubles don't always last" (Lake) 
  • The Four Sonics "Where are you" (Trippel B)
  • The Four Sonics "It takes two" (Sport)
  • Stanley Ivory "Gotta find my baby" (Dellita)
  • Al Johnson "Sittin around" (Burt) - VG visually 
  • The Soul Commanders "Free me from your love" (Lifetime) - Looks (and sounds) very obscure?
  • Harris and Orr "Spread love" (Sunstar) - VG visually, but plays fine for DJ'ing etc.
  • The Superlatives "Don't let true love die" (Dynamics)
  • Royal Esquires "Ain't gonna run" (Prix) - VG+++
  • Ed Simpson "Pinch hitter" (Gold future)
  • Ilana "Where would you be today" (Volt) wdj
  • We are the chosen few "We are the chosen few" (Mod-art)
  • The Climates "Breaking up again" (Sun)
  • Mar-Go and Soul Trio "There is no one" (Soul World) - Wdj 
  • The Pretenders "I call it love / It's everything about you" (Carnival)
  • The Brother's keeper "The Harlem clown" (King) - wdj - Vinyl looks VG+ but some water damage to the white label. Plays perfect.
  • The Carstairs "It really hurts me girl" (Red Coach) - looks NM

Let me know if you have any questions about condition, need pictures etc.

Kind regards from Norway,
Christian Brodsjo

NM  Appears unplayed and will bear no marks, sleeve scuffs, or scratches. We seldom use this grade. 
VG++  May have one or two visible imperfections (i.e. sleeve scuffs, faint scratches, or other superficial marks) that will not affect play. 
VG+  A few visible imperfections. These may include sleeve scuffs, light scratches, or other superficial marks. 
VG  Same imperfections found on VG+ records but in slightly greater numbers. Records graded VG and above will typically not have any scratches that are deep enough to be felt with a fingernail. 
VG-  A number of visible imperfections; the presence of a considerable number of light scratches will force a VG- grade, as will the presence of significant isolated defects such as scratches deep enough to be felt with a fingernail. 
G  Pervasive imperfections of varying degrees including both light scratches and scratches deep enough to be felt with a fingernail. G+ and G- are used to indicate stronger and weaker copies within this range.
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 4
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Cbrodsjo

A bit overwhelmed by all the PMs I received here with kind offers on various titles / for the lot, and I will eventually get back to all of you. But as I don't sell records for a living, I will need some time to process and review all different offers. Please be patient with me!

I have a couple of 1000s similar style 45's I plan to sell here in the future in the "same style", i.e. quality crossover, 70s, sweet, northern, group, deep. If you're looking for anything special, let me know. No real "trophy" records left, but a lot of rare and obscure items.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!