JulianB

Coronation Street - Any fans?

Just had Corrie filming all day here - Maureen Lipman ( what a lovely lady) Tyrone and James. Crew arrived 7.50 and have just packed up at 10.15. They built a false wall with double doors, put up curtains ( it was a night scene) for the inside filming. All the outdoor stuff was done this evening. Never seen so many vans and personnel in one spot, no wonder films cost so much to produce!

Can't tell you the story line but it's being screened on the 25th January. Enjoy.

3 minutes ago, JulianB said:

Just had Corrie filming all day here - Maureen Lipman ( what a lovely lady) Tyrone and James. Crew arrived 7.50 and have just packed up at 10.15. They built a false wall with double doors, put up curtains ( it was a night scene) for the inside filming. All the outdoor stuff was done this evening. Never seen so many vans and personnel in one spot, no wonder films cost so much to produce!

Can't tell you the story line but it's being screened on the 25th January. Enjoy.

Where's "here"?

11 hours ago, JulianB said:

Never watch any soap opera. They film the coronation street police station scenes around the corner from me in the old Bobby shop on plant hill. Blackley.  Motor homes, catering wagons, security,  who the fcuk do they think they are.  

Edited by Winsford Soul

1 hour ago, JulianB said:

Maureen Lipman ( what a lovely lady)

Really? I found her to be one of the most annoying money grabbing ***** to ever appear on television.

Have you conveniently forgotten about this below, and numerous other related offences? 

7 hours ago, Martin S said:

Really? I found her to be one of the most annoying money grabbing ***** to ever appear on television.

Have you conveniently forgotten about this below, and numerous other related offences? 

I can only make a decision from the experience of meeting and chatting with her. Perhaps she's mellowed with age.

Gail Tilsley is very aptly named..her face looks like it's been blown inside out by a force 9 one.

Edit:

Lololol .

I've just noticed that some scallywag has actually edited Gail's Wikipedia page to include the information that she's also the 2018 Ballon d'Or winner ahead of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi! 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gail_McIntyre

bKQxjyV.jpg

Edited by Soulsides

There was a question on some afternoon quiz show the other day asking where Alan Bradley met his demise.  The question I've got is did Granada Television employ a stunt tram driver?

Edited by Steve S 60

2 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

There was a question on some afternoon quiz show the other day asking where Alan Bradley met his demise.  The question I've got is did Granada Television employ a stunt tram driver?

Even I knew it was a tram that hit him, a proper quiz program would have asked what type of tram was it?

It's usually on as Gill watches it , I find it fairly amusing apart from some of the nasty characters such as the one played by Maureen Lipman. For a small street everyone seems to have an "issue" unless it would offend the advertisers, so no obesity, food banks and brexit. Thankfully the Rovers Return is too small to have a Northern night.

Julian, if we get a glimpse inside Bentley Towers I'll definitely be watching.

Rick 

2 hours ago, ric-tic said:

I have never watched it since Mr Papodopolous was written out...

Which was probably easier than writing him in with a name like that.

Don't forget they also watch Dr Who!

Every forum has to have their own soaps threads, can't wait for the 'Dale, 'Enders and 'Ollyoaks ones...

Glad they're in 'Basing too, sorry Mike, haha!

No more Eva in sexy undies, only leaves Tracey now to carry the lingerie flag, corr blimey guvnor! 😲

Peter Adamson's house was the last drop on my paper round when I was a kid, a few years before the swimming baths incidents, one Christmas he opened the door and give me a quid tip, I was just about to say thank you when he said it was off the old bloke at 987 across the road...tight bugger...and before you say it Steve it was a quid tip not a 🖕

On 04/12/2018 at 15:41, ric-tic said:

I have never watched it since Mr Papodopolous was written out...

Now that is really funny. When it started my mum used to watch it and sometimes I'd join her, probably before going out. Didn't Arthur Lowe appear in it, as the manager of a shop owned by Mr Papodopolous? Did this character ever appear in the show?

I used to watch it with my late wife years ago, but we stopped shortly after Derek died in his car. Not sure why we stopped but certainly didn't like some of the characters introduced to it. There seemed more laughs in it years ago. Who could forget Hilda Ogden and her "murial"?

Sandy watches it, and Emmerdale, and when I see them both with her all the characters seem interchangeable.

Edited by Geoff

On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 17:28, Spain pete said:

Didn't he move   near to ascot race track  and open up a launderette ?

No that was Concepta Hewitt....[nee Regan]

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

Now that is really funny. When it started my mum used to watch it and sometimes I'd join her, probably before going out. Didn't Arthur Lowe appear in it, as the manager of a shop owned by Mr Papodopolous? Did this character ever appear in the show?

He was manager of Gamma Garments which sadly went bust, he was assisted by Miss Emily Nugent.... the clothes in there were all the rage!

emily modern gamma.jpg

24 minutes ago, ric-tic said:

He was manager of Gamma Garments which sadly went bust, he was assisted by Miss Emily Nugent.... the clothes in there were all the rage!

emily modern gamma.jpg

....with Lucille Hewitt and Dennis Tanner 🤭

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.