Gently northern soul

Guest Linda Forrester

Guest Linda Forrester

Series 5, Episode 2, shown (Repeated)recently in australia has different music to what is listed on the web. I particularly wanted to find out what the song is in the swimming pool scene with Bacchus and Carol. NotMarvin Gaye, Lets get it on, but a woman singing. I have looked everywhere and can find nothing except in a subtitles script the words “ is it now or never, cause the boy let it slip away. Only you can make me happy.....I try to keep it strong.” Sorry that is all I’ve got, music was playing in background to the swimming pool scene dialogue. But song sounds very sexy and soulful. I really really really wish I could find the titles as the arist amd song are GREAT. Can anyone help me.

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Linda Forrester

Thanks for your reply Mike. I did check out this site earlier and learned  that sometimes a piece of music is made just for a show and is not on the market. I am hoping this is not the case. I also learned that there was an earlier (original) version which was more musically true to the period but the music was later changed and the writer suggested it may have been for copyright reasons? Sadly, however, i did not find any other information about the music I am searching for on that site. I am perhaps needing to find the original soundtrack. I will keep trying, someone may know. Thanks again for your help Mike. Cheers.

Social source share

Guest Linda Forrester

MIke, sorry I forgot to mention, I could find the name of two of the tracks on this version of the episode, one in the dance medley at the opening of the show was “Come Back to Me” and the other was “Lock Down” by Dave James...maybe that might prompt someone’s memory.

Social source share

Guest Linda Forrester

That is brilliant Simon. Being a technical idiot I couldn’t figure out how to record and upload to this site. The sound will certainly help someone to identify it. It’s a bit exciting tracking it down; like sleuthing. Thank you for you input, much appreciated.

Social source share

• 3 months later...
Guest Paul S

A bit late to the party, but I saw the rerun of this episode today and have tried to find this piece of music; I cannot find it any where but my guess would be that it is a 'Zero 7' track done possible laid down in a live session for BBC radio 2 therefor not available anywhere else. If you listen to their 'Destiny' track you will understand the similarities.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!