newly discovered Eddie Holman and Joe Frazier tracks

Ez

Guest Shufflin

I'd drop money on a limited edition 45, I like it, Northern scene is quite forgiving of 'off key' vocals if the beat and energy is there

Social source share

1 hour ago, RobbK said:

I see why this was never released.  The instrumental track is great, but Eddie's singing is terrible in the choruses.  He's far off key and flat over and over, with regularity.  Notably, the "Ready, Willing and Able" line.  It really hurts my ears.  I've never heard him do that before. 

I agree with you Rob,the chorus line is horrendous. 

Social source share

3 hours ago, purist said:

The Joe F doesn't sound like the same singer on other tunes I've heard credited to him, I wonder if this was a songwiters cut for Joe F to learn the tune from?

I hope not.  At least he shouldn't have tried to copy what Eddie did on  the chorus' main line.  "How to sing wildly off key, and hit flat notes".  :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Social source share

• 7 months later...
29 minutes ago, Westender said:

Blimey Holman's vocal is woefully bad. The track sounds like a demo to me with a rudimentary rhythm track, no horns or background vocals. Maybe Eddie was larking about, trying a few things?

All the info needed is in the ebay listing description ... :shades:

Social source share

15 hours ago, WoodButcher said:

All the info needed is in the ebay listing description ... :shades:

here are , save the walk over to ebay

HOLY GRAIL! Eddie Holman-"Ready, Willing, Able" Virtue Acetate-UNKNOWN MONSTER! This recently unknown Virtue acetate was unearthed from the belongings of legendary Philly producer/musician/songwriter John Stiles. Recorded around the same time as "Stay Mine For Heaven Sake" at Virtue Studio in Philadelphia. Eddie Holman informed me recently that this song was never intended to be released, but was recorded as a demo for another Harthon Recording Artist at the time, which sadly never saw the light of day. There are only TWO known copies of this 8 inch Virtue acetate. This copy is single sided, small hole, 45 rpm, with some chips on the outer edge of the acetate before the beginning of the record. There is a small chip immediately before the count-off, where the record starts which does not effect play, but the record must be cued up manually. This acetate has a count-off before the song starts, so it is best to skip the count-off part anyway. Condition:  Visually VG- condition, plays VG with some noticeable noise, but no skips. You can listen to a slightly cleaned up version of this great tune on You Tube: https://youtu.be/kXx1fEZpXuU. The version on You Tube does NOT have the count-off like this disc does. Due to the extreme rarity of this disc, it must be picked up IN PERSON from the buyer in the Philadelphia, PA area, no shipping! For those who can't afford to pay the price of this Eddie Holman rarity, the song has been made available as a digital download on iTunes for the low price of 79 cents. A portion of the sale of this disc or the downloads will be sent to John Stiles wife to help pay her living expenses. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!