RON BAXTER - 1 OFF ACETATE - £700 SOLD

Swaggy

NOW SOLD

HERE WE HAVE A ONE OFF RARITY OF THIS GREAT NORTHERN DOUBLE-SIDER. THIS IS THE ONLY KNOWN COPY WITH A GREAT STORY BEHIND IT.

RON BAXTER - THIS IS IT / IVE GOT TO KNOW - BELTONE ACETATE - VG++ - £700 (As near excellant as you can get)

THE STORY IS, WHEN TIM ASHIBENDE WAS ON ONE OF HIS STATESIDE TRIPS HE MET SAMMY LOWE WHO WAS A GREAT NEW YORK SONGWRITER, BACK AT HIS PLACE HE REVEALED FROM UNDER HIS BED ONE OFF 'ACETATES' OF HIS RECORDED WORK. NOT ONLY WAS THIS COPY IN BUT THE NEW WANDERERS AS WELL. ANDT DYSON PRISED IT OUT OF TIM AND OVER 5 YEARS AGO I PRISED IT OUT OF ANDY. IT IS THE OLE9 RECORDING, BUT DIFFERENT, IT IS SUNG AND PLAYED IN A DIFFERENT KEY AND TOU CAN HEAR SAMMY LOWE TALKING AFTER THE FADE

METAL DISC WITH LACQUER

TO LISTEN TO THESE SIDES PLEASE PM ME AS OBVIOUSLY THERE IS NO YOU TUBE CLIP

POSTAGE £8.50 EULLY TRACKED AND SIGNED FOR

RON BAXTER - THIS.jpg

RON BAXTER - IVE.jpg

Edited by swaggy
RECORD SOLD
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 1
  • Views 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I had a one sided bell sound acetate with out the strings and I thought it was Ron Baxter  saying that's all folks after music stops dead no real fade out I bought it of  Steve  Smith from cheltnam a great mate of mine I sold Tim brown 250 records it was in  that sale in around 1991 / 1992 Steve and I had known each other since 1972 / 73  this was a real bell sound acetate that i regret parting with as i love it  polo

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!