Jump to content
  • Sign Up
Blackpoolsoul

Sebastian - info please

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

Does anyone have any info on this tune please

 

Sebastian.jpg

If it's a funky rough voiced thing, it could be the same guy on Pesante.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KevH said:

If it's a funky rough voiced thing, it could be the same guy on Pesante.

Kev JM got one for auction with sound clip plus Steve Jefferies got 1 on evil bay for £1000

Just put link on just in case ya fancy  a listen 

Having a punt where the label is out of  Rivermont ,Tennessee 

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/sebastian-i-ll-still-be-loving-you-reach-a-little-higher-rivermont-v-1782.html

Edited by Kev John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Kev John said:

Kev JM got one for auction with sound clip plus Steve Jefferies got 1 on evil bay for £1000

Just put link on just in case ya fancy  a listen 

Having a punt where the label is out of  Rivermont ,Tennessee 

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/sebastian-i-ll-still-be-loving-you-reach-a-little-higher-rivermont-v-1782.html

Funny how 2 turn up with big dealers at the same time

Wonder if this is one of those where there are a 1000 or more copies :) but then I am always wrong if you ask the wife

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

Funny how 2 turn up with big dealers at the same time

Wonder if this is one of those where there are a 1000 or more copies :) but then I am always wrong if you ask the wife

Looks a pretty obscure record & label i bet there's not a 1000 maybe low hundreds not sure but it could be just a handful who knows !

Quite like the record though :wink:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KevH said:

If it's a funky rough voiced thing, it could be the same guy on Pesante.

Bongos and a bit jazzy and laid back, pretty average if you ask me.  Can’t for the life of me think why it is grabbing the attention of the top jocks, unless it is simply because of its obscurity?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chalky said:

Bongos and a bit jazzy and laid back, pretty average if you ask me.  Can’t for the life of me think why it is grabbing the attention of the top jocks, unless it is simply because of its obscurity?  

Agreed and could almost be one of those Spanish guys that were putting stuff out 10 years ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the listing on eBay , his is only known copy, now JM auctioning one, so that’s 2, or its same record, either way it’s nothing special , it’s just ok imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not Sebastian Williams, who had a classic Gospel/Soul voice. The 45 in question sounds like one of those hippie jazz things like Boco.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Sign Up

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign up now!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts



×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.