WoodButcher

R.I.P. Pete Shelley ...

Another great leaves us far too soon ...¬†ūüė•

Before I 'discovered' this 'ere soul stuff I was more musically inclined towards something a tad faster and rawer , and they didn't come much faster and rawer than 

the Buzzcocks .

Rest in peace Mr Shelley , you will be sorely missed but your music will continue to stir souls forever.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46476369

If you were to calculate the probability of the following turn of events happening, the number would be so infinitely low there would be little point doing it as it's clearly not going to happen, or so one would think. This is a statement of the truth.

I started having a shave a few minutes before midnight, I had the radio on, a speaker in the show I was listening to used the phrase "What Do I Get," the title of one of the early singles by the Buzzcocks, which prompted me to start singing it. At the same time I began thinking about Pete Shelley. Remarkably only a few minutes later the news comes on and I find out Pete has died. Of several thousand songs I could have been singing minutes earlier, why did it have to be that?

I'm pleased that Soul Source members are showing their respect by discussing "Another Music In A Different Forum."

That first Buzzcocks LP is monumental, one of the first records I ever bought, as were the non-LP singles in 1978 plus an original copy of The Spiral Scratch sourced very soon after. 

Sadly for Pete, as it will be for all of us eventually, "Times Up." RIP

Edited by Martin S

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

√ó

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.