MotownSoulMan

'Twas Bugging Me For ages

For months, no, years, i've had this thing in my brain about Elton John appearing on Soul Train in 1975 doing Philadelphia Freedom, over in the good ole US of A, and I had pretty much convinced myself I had made it up. Today, whilst I had a few minutes to spare, I finally did a little bit of research online, and I am not only correct that he DID appear on Soul Train, it WAS singing Philadelphia Freedom, and it WAS 1975.

I shall sleep well tonight now 😀😁😂😴

26 minutes ago, autumnstoned said:

Bowie showed him how it should be done miming to Fame and Golden Years on Soul Train the same year. 

That don't surprise me at all. They were strange old times for British artists over in the states at that time.

Nearly all of them mimed , terribly too , which in a way shows how little used to miming they was , think it were Chuck Berry who was asked to mime somewhere and he was baffled wtf they were asking him to do , he told them to f@ck off .

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.