Soulsides

What's Your Audio Setup?

2 hours ago, tlscapital said:

Definitely not for me. 

2 hours ago, tlscapital said:

The weird thing with those SL-1200 turntable is sometimes like the worst football team; their hooligans ! 

Wow.. look, we get that you're a Technics hater and that's fine by me but you're just basically posting  condescending barbs about why people shouldn't even possibly own a Technics deck when a member of the site is merely asking for some advice regarding cartridges and you're turning the posts into endless self congratulatory info regarding your own 'far superior setup' ffs.

Get over yourself, it's obvious that there's folks here who like and enjoy the brand and you're starting to sound a little ridiculous and like you're trolling, frankly.

This thread is called 'What's Your Audio Setup ?' not 'What I Dislike About Your Audio Setup'

Are you actually Michael Fremer in disguise or something?

Smh.

Edited by Soulsides

5 hours ago, tlscapital said:

Nothing worth reading

To tlscapital

I am totally in agreement with Soulsides. You are a troll tlscapital. 

The reason I thought about opening a new thread for my two simple questions was because it had become clear to me that due to the endless nonsense you were posting, which I'd be surprised if anyone was even remotely interested in, I didn't expect many, if any members, to come back to this thread to read my two questions, and it appears I was correct. Hopefully they may still surface.

I was thinking of trying the Reagan & Carter 999 tonearm until someone tipped me off that it was prone to "fuzz." No doubt you have your opinion on this, but if you post it please keep it brief rather than making a lengthy sentence out of it.

Thank You  

2 hours ago, Martin S said:

To tlscapital

I am totally in agreement with Soulsides. You are a troll tlscapital. 

The reason I thought about opening a new thread for my two simple questions was because it had become clear to me that due to the endless nonsense you were posting, which I'd be surprised if anyone was even remotely interested in, I didn't expect many, if any members, to come back to this thread to read my two questions, and it appears I was correct. Hopefully they may still surface.

I was thinking of trying the Reagan & Carter 999 tonearm until someone tipped me off that it was prone to "fuzz." No doubt you have your opinion on this, but if you post it please keep it brief rather than making a lengthy sentence out of it.

Thank You  

This is hilarious, it seems that anybody who tries to give Martin S some constructive criticism is branded a 'troll' and are accused of posting 'nonsense' and 'rubbish'. I think you need to show a bit of humility matey and for the record, I agree with pretty much everything Tiscapital has posted. Those Technics decks are poor IMHO and you can do far better going for some similarly priced second hand quality decks that play MONO if that's what you listen to. 

A quick word...

all  members are requested to get back to the actual topic and drop the discussing of other members

from the site guidelines

Respect other members

• Do not insult or personally attack another member.
  • You do not have the right to attack someone for having an opinion other than your own.
  • If someone disagrees with you, they're entitled to provided they do it respectfully

Re  Ortofon  Concorde cartriges , I   Have one of these  and have no issue with the playback , however , and this is mainly from a personal taste point of view , I think  a 1210 deck looks better with an original Technics headshell .  There is that Hybrid  Ortofon cart which fits the Technics headshell  , this i suppose is an alternative , but again for me , comes across as neither one thing or the other .    Technics Headshell and Shure Cartridge and stylus .. very satisfying .

Edited by carty
Grammar.

Thanks Carty, I agree with you about a Technics without a Technics headshell, just doesn't look right to me either. I don't like the appearance of the Concordes and on the few occasions I've been confronted with them and had to handle them I wasn't comfortable. I have decided to buy a pair of the Stanton 500 stylus copies as the cost is so minimal. It's close to the 30th anniversary of buying my first pair of Technics and they were secondhand at the time. Not a single problem with them since.

On 16/12/2018 at 14:38, carty said:

Ortofon  Concorde cartriges , I   Have one of these  and have no issue with the playback ,

I think the Technics 1210 looks great with the ortofon cartridge, but I stopped using them 'cos of worries over vinyl wear - 4 grams is a lot to apply to a record? seen different views on this and I'm by no means an expert as to if this is true or not

using Audio Technica @ 2 grams instead

On 10/12/2018 at 20:23, shufflin said:

cables - Chord Clearway Speaker Cable, £10 per metre bloody amazing and award winners, I have them

I upgraded to these cables today - early conclusion is improved sound. Better clarity and deeper bass I’d say. Good tip thanks.

also upgraded an interconnector and think it’s worth doing the lot, one by one though. 

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.